3 Month Joseph Weighting

How did you all go about weighting big Joey? I’m wondering about how much y’all weighted his head especially.

3 Likes

I just weighted mine like normal. He weighed 11lbs😂

3 Likes

Oh my god :joy: I don’t think I’d be able to lift him!!

5 Likes

I weighted him at 9 lbs. that’s enough lol

5 Likes

Mine weighs 8lb. 8 oz and feels more like 12.I did the legs to knee and arms to elbow with glass bead.The head has the same amount of beads as the 2 arms combined and then it took a ton of poly-fil to stuff it.

4 Likes

I felt like filling to the knees like I normally do would be a bit much on a doll this big, so I did a little less, then almost weighted him in other places like I would any other baby of a normal size. I don’t like them so heavy that they are uncomfortable to carry, so I only suggested the weight. He probably only weighed around 7 or 8 lbs.

I put glass beads a bit past his wrists and ankles (mid way to the elbows and knees), the rest was poly fill and two bags of weight (I use the larger glass beads) in his body and one in his head. Mine weighed 8.5 pounds.

1 Like

I didn’t weight his head, I had him weigh about 10 lbs and it was so ridiculous I could barely pick him up. Funny how 10 lbs in a doll is so so heavy! But I feel like so much of the time customers like the heavy ones.

1 Like

9 lb . It was more the. Enough :smiley:

1 Like

He’s being weighted tonight - thanks for all the advice, wish me luck!! I think I’ll go with 8 lbs or so, mostly in the body.

1 Like

My Mom loves the 3 month Joseph so what I did for her, she’s 86, I stuffed the head with poly fil only, used fine glass beads just in the hands and feet to about the ankles and wrists, the rest of the limbs are poly fill. The body is mostly also poly but I did put a small glass bead sack to kind of even him out. He weighed around 5 lbs. I hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes