Angel silk stuffing

Right now I’m just using regular stuffing from Joann’s. Is the angel silk stuffing worth it? Does it make that much of a difference?

4 Likes

It is super soft and nice to touch but I found it rather messy to put in the body.

Personally I use cluster stuff (which is also messy but different… lol)

7 Likes

I like it.

I don’t like it. My babies felt too flimsey even with them being over stuffed.

3 Likes

I like it - but I like my babies really floppy, so for me it is perfect.

I use it only on the tummy and butt where you touch and feel the baby like Reborn with me does in her tutorial. The core or bulk of the baby is then stuffed with whatever you prefer.

1 Like

I use Cluster Stuff too! I’m going to try the CS in the tummy and bottom and put fiber fill in the rest of the body to see how that feels.

2 Likes

I use cluster stuff also.

1 Like

I use cluster stuff in toddlers, but the few babies I do, I started using that Angel silk… it is wonderful feeling, BUT sure is messy… it gets everywhere!!

2 Likes

Angel silk stuffing is wild stuff. It reminds me of the fluff that made up the undercoat of my Great Pyrenees dog…it’s not what it is, but it’s incredibly soft like that. When you open the bag you get from BB stand back…it starts growing as soon as air hits it! I love how soft it is, but it is hard to control and I have fibers flying all over the place when I use it. It takes a lint roller to get it off the exterior of the body when I’m finished!
I try to keep Angel silk in the belly and butt of the doll and use fiberfil elsewhere. Angel silk compresses so easily that I don’t think it feels very realistic if used to stuff the entire body. It works well though in combination with fiberfil that has more structure.

8 Likes

I got a whole bunch of stuffing when Hancock Fabrics went out of business. It’s from Fairfield company and is just called The Original Poly-fil. It’s not Angel Silk bot it’s very sproingy so it feels good when you hold the baby and doesn’t mat when the baby;s been lying in one position for awhile. I use inexpensive stuffing in the limbs and heads.

4 Likes

it was an explosion here, I had no warning LOL LOL

1 Like

I use cluster stuff in the body and regular polyfill in the limbs and head. I love cluster stuff, I did pick up some angel silk at the ROSE show but I haven’t used it yet. Maybe it would be good for some of the smaller babies that don’t have as much volume?

1 Like

It is so soft but don’t make the same mistake I have just made and stuffed a body while wearing black I am now wearing a fluffy outfit!

4 Likes

I didn’t have any warning either and I was a bit miffed at the size of the package of stuffing that I’d gotten in the mail from BB. It sure didn’t look like what I’d expected after buying bags of fiberfil. It was so funny to see it bulge into a huge cloud of stuffing once I opened the plastic bag. I wish we could vacuum pack our reborns like that, ship them all in the small flat rate boxes, and let them expand like that once the new mommy opens them!

3 Likes

Me the first time I got a sea sponge from BB. Also when I got a mattress from Amazon in a bag. Funnest thing ever to watch expand.

3 Likes

we got bed pillows like that, on Amazon… it is cool to watch

3 Likes

Which ones? I’m addicted to watching things expand haha. I’m buying a new mattress and pillows soon.

2 Likes

these, they are wonderful pillows too… about 1/2" when they arrive

2 Likes

Thank you! My pillows are well loved and lumpy, so these are going to be awesome.

1 Like