April overload?

I finally paid off my April invoice last week and she arrived Friday. But it seems like there’s an overload of Aprils right now, many at only $250. I don’t feel like competing with all the other Aprils. I’m thinking about holding on to my kit for a while. Can anyone tell me how that usually works with the big hit kits? Is it better to hold on, or does it really matter? :thinking:

5 Likes

Paint it. We all have different painting styles. Yours may be just the one that mommy is looking for, especially since it’s a new kit and showing up frequently on FB.

6 Likes

I think if you feel like painting her paint her. Mine just sold today.

8 Likes

I threw mine in with the other stash of kits. I was thinking the same thing. I don’t know when I will reborn her. I wish I hadn’t of brought her really. But since she was so popular, I brought her.

2 Likes

I’m holding on to mine.

2 Likes

I think she’s adorable but when a kit’s really popular I wait until there aren’t so many out there. It’s not like I have nothing else to do, right? lol

3 Likes

I have two coming. One is already spoken for and I won’t be painting her for awhile. I haven’t made up my mind on what to do with my other one yet…I may paint her before Christmas and I may hold onto her longer, haven’t made up my mind yet.

Also Im obviously repeating myself this morning…more coffee!!! its early here LOL

5 Likes

Look how much this one sold for!! Wow!

3 Likes

Wow! She’s cute. But I’ve seen plenty that look about like that sell for $500 or less. Wonder what made this one so special. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Well hopefully it looks like the pictures. That is the artist that one of this forum’s member had the issue with her Quinn. And that was supposed to be a $600-$700 doll and looks closer to $100… :frowning:

5 Likes

That is insane!

Yeah, I saw that.
Not sure why such a high price for vinyl doll

1 Like

:open_mouth:

I agree, that isn’t a good way to speak to a customer. Glad she’s sending you the right color, but you’d think an apology would be in order as well!

2 Likes

Some kits I’ve held onto for more than a year have sold very well for me once most others were sold out. There were customers still looking for those kits on eBay.

3 Likes

When the market is saturated like this, I lose interest. I didn’t paint a Saskia until she “died down” some. Hold on to the kit though.

3 Likes