BIG Twin Suggestions?

So I’m doing my own research but thought I’d come seeking some opinions. I want to create twins, a boy girl set (so not identical) and I want them to wear size 2T. I don’t want to make them from the same kit. Any ideas? I really liked a lot of Regina Swialkowski kits but they’re mostly just a touch too small.

3 Likes

These kits might work. I had my Liam brown in some 18-24 month clothes so I’d imagine a slightly bigger kit would fit 2T

1 Like

Maybe Tippi and Bonnie by Linda Murray?

4 Likes

I am guessing @NancyW would have some good ideas?

5 Likes

BB Emmy would make a good boy .

1 Like

What about Ariana Schick? One is asleep, one awake?

I re-read your post and see you want different kits… so not sure these would work and their limbs match. :confused:

2 Likes

I’ve been poking through these kits but I cannot seem to make a good match out of any two of them!! I love Gabriella Schick but I really want the 2T sizing - these are going to be keepers, and my partner is quite creeped out by the super big kits thus far :sweat_smile:

I thought of this but I think Tippi is too small!! I’m not certain though. I have Amaya Burke preordered and she’s 28 inches, but I haven’t seen her in person yet and the only other big kit I worked on was 26 inch cuddles.

They’re on my list for consideration now … I would probably switch out the limbs on one of them. I can’t tell though if I think their faces look very “dolly” or if I’ve just seen the Arianas and Angelicas done so much that I recognize them as dolls :joy:

2 Likes

They are cute!

I didn’t even notice she is smaller on the website. I thought I saw somewhere once that Tippi and Bonnie are actually the same size once put together. I could be wrong though! Amaya is gorgeous! Is there a good kit to go with her?

Ooooh, that would be good news … I’ll be investigating this!! I’ve been exploring that but I think her sculpt is too unique. There are only a couple sculpts with East Asian features in that size (or any size, really!!) and none of them really seem to resemble her enough for my picky tastes. :wink:

I’m getting curious about whether I could put some of the Swialkowski kits on a bigger body and still have them looking natural. I’ve noticed their head circumferences seem similar to those of bigger kits, but they have smaller and more babyish limbs. I suppose I could replace the limbs … if they really are lifetime keepers like I think they will be, it might be worth the cost, just means I need to save a little longer!!

MacPherson lets you search by size. Here’s the whole set of 27-29 inch kits.

Also, these 29" twins are coming out soon. I haven’t decided if I like them or not. But I’m sure someone can make them cute. :wink:

1 Like

Or Cammi and Julieta, who really are cute. But might be a tad bit small.

1 Like

I’m definitely not a fan of Alessa and Armani - someone will do a great job on them, but someone is not me today :wink: - but I L O V E Cammi. She looks so realistic and precious!! My partner, though, thinks she looks downright possessed. Ugh. I think something about smiling dolls triggers the “uncanny valley” reflex in her brain when the doll never moves/stops smiling.

3 Likes

If Alessa and Armani weren’t so expensive they would make for a great reborning challenge. That smiling one really does look possessed. But I’m with you on Cammi. I think she’s precious. But I can see how someone could compare her to Chucky. Chucky ruined all smiling dolls for a lot of people. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I find these dolls terrifying. I would definitely sleep with one eye open if they were in my house :grimacing:

3 Likes

I don’t know which one is scarier…the creepy smile baby or the oh so sweet and innocent “I didn’t do it, can’t you see my halo glowing” baby. :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t know either but you can tell they are in cahoots. So much nope! Probably start creeping about as soon as you lay down…

2 Likes

I’m guessing halo baby is the intigator and smiley baby is the one who pulls off the plan that halo baby comes up with. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I think Luca and and Mila look related enough to be brother and sister twins. If you’re open to siblings instead, Suzanne would make a wonderful big sister to Robert Jan, both by Adrie Stoete.