EYE talk for Collectors

So, I know glass eyes are usually preferred, however sometimes there are not to many of a particular color in certain sizes. I am not sure what happened to creative impressions nursery but they are off the web for now.

My question is as a collector would you preferr glass eyes or a plastic beautiful hazel color? Does it change the price significanly?
I have a Laura Ross sculpt that the eyes are fitting funny. It prefers flat back, full round don’t meet the sides but half round do. The only problem is, I am not sure if I want to put plain brown with no definition. The full rounds are prettier in my opinion. What do you think?

@avyona @specialmoments ???

2 Likes

Have you tried Eyeco brand? Their eyes have nice definition, are flat back and have more of a dome shape to them which seems to fit and fill some sculpts sockets better. You could also doctor them up a bit by tinting the whites blue. It’s super easy and makes a huge difference in how realistic they look!

6 Likes

I saw that! I have one pair but did not use them because they were too blue. The price of them is similar to glass though? Do you still think it would be better? If it is 22mm would you get 21 or 23mm?

1 Like

Do you mean the acrylic or the flexible ones?

I am fine with either myself, I like acrylic with the floor shine stuff on them. Eyes do not make or break a baby for me and I wound not expect them to be less all because of acrylic eyes either.

3 Likes

So I poured some over some acrylic last night and it seemed to slide right off the eye. Is that normal,lolol

I personally only use ultra newborn glass eyes from Iartreborn.com She has a brand new line of ultra newborn flat backs, that I ordered as well as the full blown glass eyes. I preferred the blue sclera over the white BECAUSE REAL newborn eyes , the whites of the eye or the sclera is pale blue. Here is a pic of the full blown glass eye in this elodie:

And here are regular full blown glass eyes that are NOT ultra…they just have the white sclera

So you can see there is a huge difference. I aim for ultimate realism where I can and so this is why I prefer the ultra newborn eyes that IartREborn.com carries. She sells out all the time, so I check weekly and I’ll wait it out just to get the eyes I want.

7 Likes

LOL I just saw she restocked the flat back ultra newborn eyes and some fell into my cart!! I’ve been waiting for weeks to get brown and blue grey…Thank God this topic came up! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you everyone!!!

They have the blue sclera glass eyes on Once so Real…Im getting some the next open eye newborn I do!

2 Likes

Do you mind sharing how you tint the whites blue? No worries if it is a trade secret, it’s just something I’m very interested in learning and have been unsuccessful on when I’ve tried it on test eyes. Thanks!

4 Likes

Creative impressions is premenantly closed.

2 Likes

To tint the eye I use Gallery glass paint. I mix diamond blue with crystal clear and brush on a thin layer to just the white part of each eye, allow to dry for several hours then do another thin layer. You can also use pledge tinted with an airdry dark blue like ultra marine. Just as with the gallery glass mix brush on a thin layer, allow to dry for several hours then apply another layer or two.

7 Likes

Boooooooo! Lol

Thank you so so much!!! I truly appreciate it, you are awesome!!!

2 Likes

Just to chime in, lol. I like eyes that are different. So glass acrylic, doesn’t matter.

3 Likes

Me 2!

1 Like

Thanks April!

2 Likes

_creative Impressions sold their items to Tru Borns. So the eyes can be found there _

2 Likes

Thanks!!!

1 Like