Feeling deflated

With the overcast the last couple of weeks, I have been struggling to get enough light to get painting done. Chase Brown is finally getting finished. I had a previous buyer asking about him. I don’t do customs, but if someone is interested in the sculpt, I will send them pics once completed to give them first chance to adopt. I worked all day yesterday on his hair and was so excited with how it was looking that I sent the potential mommy some update pics(something I never do). She told me she didn’t want him because his hair didn’t look realistic.

10 Likes

WHAT!!! :open_mouth: His hair is AMAZING!!! First thing I thought when I saw the picture was “WOW, GREAT HAIR!!!”

Sorry, but I totally disagree with her :angry:

6 Likes

Thanks, Karen.:heart:

1 Like

Maybe they didn’t have the money to pay. Someone else will love him!

6 Likes

No worries !! I think is beautiful . I am sure she can do better job !! Go list him !!

2 Likes

I also love his hair. I don’t know what she thinks is realistic, but his hair is beautiful.

2 Likes

Thanks for the encouraging words. Hair painting is not my friend and I was really gutted when she rejected it. I will get him finished and listed next week.

3 Likes

His hair looks really good. I don’t think I would want to sell to her anyway. If she is rude enough to say that about his hair, no telling what other “flaws” she would find. :confused:

5 Likes

I don’t want to say anything bad about her. She praises my work. I just really thought his hair was much better than the other baby she bought.

3 Likes

She must have been just making excuses because she couldn’t pay- the hair looks beautiful

6 Likes

His hair looks really good. Did the other baby she bought have painted hair? Not knocking painted hair because it’s something I struggle with but I almost never think it looks as realistic as rooted. I have seen a few, though (very few), that I couldn’t tell which it was until I read the description. Maybe she just changed her mind and it’s really not personal. It happens sometimes. It’s especially hard when you’re excited about how your work turned out and it’s not what the customer had in mind.

6 Likes

She decided not to buy and came up with an excuse. My husband put me a new light in the ceiling fan where I work now I can’t see to work anywhere else. An LED Daylight bulb.

3 Likes

He had painted hair, too.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well, this hair IS beautiful and someone else will love it. Don’t fret. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

5 Likes

WHAT??? I would want him if I could!! Gorgeous!!

2 Likes

I have seen some Great ones this week on a fb page.

Shannon I am sure he will find a mom that deserves and appreciates him. I think you did a beautiful job!

8 Likes

I was oooing over that 2nd pic just yesterday.:heart:

3 Likes

Me too, when I first seen it I thought it was rooted.

2 Likes

I think it looks great!

1 Like

That’s insane. i can’ believe that’s painted. Can you disclose the artist who did the blonde one? I’d love to see more of their work.

2 Likes