Hair painters needed

Ok all you hair painters what do I do now ? Or do I take it off how do I blend in that top thick line

3 Likes

You could remove it, if you haven’t baked it and try again, or you could try blending it in with a lot of thin, small strokes and fill in the hair

4 Likes

Agree. I think you use air dry, right? If so, you probably won’t be able to remove it. Short, thin strokes are the key.

There are better hair painters than me up here, but here you go:

10 Likes

I love your hair, Dolly. I wish I could do that well!

2 Likes

Thank you, @Jacelyn5440. :slightly_smiling_face:

I love your hair @DollyPardon I will be happy if I could paint that well .

1 Like

2 1/2 years of practice @Granna. It looked so bad at first. Lol And still it’s not what I want it to be.

Some people find it easier to work with prisma pencil. Have you thought about that at all? It might be easier to get those short, thin strokes you are after.

1 Like

1 Like

This was my first with the drewbrick pencil

1 Like

I did Prisma hair on Ashley ~ I used thinning medium to soften the lines; this is dark umber and peach:

I used Prisma and paint on Bean, done in many layers, baking in between:

7 Likes

Yes, I have tried the Prisma pencils. But, they do not mark on my dolls head very much at all. Hardly at all. I have sealed and re-sealed the head to be sure it was ready. I don’t know… It would be nice if I could use them.

1 Like

How did u soften the lines ?

Soften the lines with thinning medium and the edge of your brush

1 Like

So just paint it on?

Iam sorry Iam we at this Iam not sure what your saying to do

I’m not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, so all I can tell you is what works for me and when using prisma, be sure the pencils are kept sharp, work in small sections, go over your lines with thinning medium on your brush, bake, and repeat going around the head in small sections until you have the look you want. You can always erase a line you’re unhappy with by using a q-tip if it’s wet or an eraser if dry. A practice head is a good idea until you get the feel of the pencils.

It takes time ~ I am working on a head right now using prisma, and I’m on day 3 ~ haven’t even reached the crown yet. After I get it the way I want, then I will go back with paint. Normally takes me about 5 days to paint/prisma a newborn head.

Again, this is just what works for me ~ lots of people out there do a much better job and might have a different method.

1 Like

Can I soften the lines during the painting or do I need to do it at the end

Soften the lines before baking

1 Like

I use air dry