Need help with joey

I haven’t painted in a year I got the ultimate infusion paints and I have done skin , blue mottle , pink mottle and very light veins ( still learning veins) am I mixing my paints to thin ? I used baby x before and it was more noticeable then this . Please tell me how to fix . It’s just a baby for my four year old so Iam trying my new paints on her baby first .

1 Like

I ve started using UF paints the past couple of dolls -and I found their formula for paint/water ratios were making paint too thin for my liking - I started using less water and it made the paints show up -I love them -I have found they tend to cure alil lighter than they look right after you paint

6 Likes

I just add 5-6drops of water for mottling. And it’s still pale. No water at all for creases. Thoses paints are not very pigmented, but they give a good translucent look and they really fuse to vinyl, great for doll for children.

4 Likes

I really like it too it blends very well . And that’s what I wanted to here because that’s what I was thinking don’t add as much water

2 Likes

Thanks for y’all advise so should I remottle the blue and the red again

1 Like

I would maybe once more

1 Like

what color wash you recommend now .it seems to bright now

1 Like

Maybe mix blue and yellow and get a green wash -it will tone down the red -or maybe a light burnt umber wash to liven up skin tone - you can lighten the burnt umber with the titan buff

1 Like

I just got a standard set of ultimate fusion so I don’t have all the colors but is it possible to also do a layer of baby Rx paints with the ultimate fusion? Will they bond to each other? I have a lot of those colors

On their Facebook page -they say they will mix with other air dry paints -I haven’t tried it - but pretty they will be fine

1 Like

I would suggest continuing with the primary method. Do a layer of red, then, yellow and then blue. Any order, really. You might wait to do blue last. That way you can see how the mottling is looking.

2 Likes