Pacifier help

Is there a certain brand of pacifier to use for the babies? How does that work?

1 Like

Honeybugs were made for reborns. No nipples to remove. The magnets are inside the pacifier. You can use any pacifier though. Just cut off the nipple and glue on a magnet.

3 Likes

@JillianJade sells them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I ordered some!

Honeybug pacifiers are definitely the easiest to use and the best looking in my opinion.
But you can use any brand pacifier that has a plastic shield, cut off the nipple and glue a magnet on.

Thank you

1 Like

I like the idea of the Honeybug pacifiers but they only work on babies with even lips. If the top lip protrudes more than the bottom one, the pacifier tilts down toward the chin. With a regular pacifier you can place the magnet wherever it needs to be to make it sit right. Magnets don’t have to be in the center. I cut the nipple off at the base with an x-acto blade, but a cuticle trimmer works well, too.

4 Likes

Thank you. Good to know.

That’s what I do too :slight_smile: I cover the magnet with moleskin.

2 Likes

I use Parents Choice from Walmart. The 97 cent ones work the best because they are more curved. I take a sharp knife and cut the nipple off and then cut the plastic down a little to make the magnet set deeper , glue it, then put moleskin over the magnet.

5 Likes

If you use a real pacifier to make a magnetic one, be aware that they come in different shapes/curvatures. Some babies have lips that protrude more than others and they look better with paci’s that curve around them. Other babies have fatter cheeks and need a flatter shape paci to fit against the lips. I like to keep a few of each shape to make sure I have one that will look right when I finish a reborn.
Also, magnets have 2 different polarities so if you are making a paci for a baby that has a magnet inside its head already make sure to test first. Just take the magnet you are going to use and hold it to the lips. It will flip to the side that works and you put the glue on the magnet’s other side and stick that to your paci shield. I too cover my glued magnets with moleskin.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like