Price for beginner

Hi I have been reborning for a little over a year but have never sold any just did for family and play dolls . I carried my 4 year old to dentist this morning and of course she carried her baby ( pitiful baby been thru the ringer ) but now I have possibly 5 orders ! 4 cuddle and 1 full kit . I instantly got sick to my stomach because I’ve never done this for anyone but my self and I have no idea what to charge ! Please help !! My work is no where near most of talks work but I fill Iam getting better every doll I do . Just need ideas on how to charge thanks

3 Likes

Do you have pics? :slight_smile: Congrats!

3 Likes

I know how you feel. I have only been painting them about 6 months and have only made them for my granddaughter and neices. I have people interested in buying but I am just afraid to set a price. I just finished my first kit that a friend was actually paying me to paint. She paid for the kit and I charged $100 for painting it. I only did it because it was someone I knew. I am just not sure how much to ask for them. It makes me anxious thinking about it.

3 Likes

Of the ones I have finished before ?

6 Likes

This is one I did a about 8-9 months ago

1 Like

Oh you sound just like me and that’s exactly what I was thinking $100 too .

1 Like

She looks great to me.

This is the baby I just made for a friend.

10 Likes

Your most recent doll looks great. I would charge $350 bald. That is for BB kits, I would add anything over $50 for the kit to the finished price of the doll. Shipping, if needed, is extra.

Laurie

1 Like

Precious

1 Like

Thanks!

I hated trying to decide what to charge. My first few years I only charged $100-150 for my local customers. I eventually started charging more and offered my local and repeat customers 10% + off. I like to be objective and compare my work to other reborns listed on sale sites and guage where my work is at compared to those prices.

1 Like

I think you didn’t charge enough!:zipper_mouth_face: I recently saw a very beginner looking reborn that was going for over 600. That’s expensive but I think you should recoup your time and supplies when you price your dolls.

2 Likes

I started May 2017 and I was very stressed out when I recently did my first two customs. Im still stressed out, I definitely am not good at setting prices. I just listed my 1st edition Tink and she is my highest cost reborn so far and Im very anxious about that.
Ive made myself a template to help with the cost…like cost of the kit including shipping, LE or not, rooted hair, opened or closed eye, glass or acrylic eye, other materials, and then I add in my work fees. I sold a bunch of my early babies for cheaper because I don’t feel that they were “good enough” but my newer babies are of higher quality. Still it all stresses me out but maybe not as much as it did the first baby I sold or the first custom. I doubt Ill ever feel comfortable but Ive been told by seasoned artists that they have the same type of worries so that makes me feel better :wink:

2 Likes

So basically Iam just gonna but the bullet finish one and just post it to sale and see what happens lol …

1 Like

Whee is the best place to list one for sale for a new artist

1 Like

What’s whee?

Sorry lol where

I didn’t read that in context, I’m sorry! I was wondering what whee was. I think reborns.com is a good place to sell.

2 Likes