Super ROOTING NEEDLES

There was a post not.long.ago about really great rooting needles with colored ends for size. But ive forgot the brand.Anyone know?And who sells them. Someone in the US has started selling them.

Maybe the heavenly illusions needles? Coated? Macphersons sell them and I think Irresistables does or will soon…

3 Likes

Here’s the link for Irresistibles: https://www.irresistables.com/whats-new-in-reborn-supplies/heavenly-illusions-german-coated-rooting-needles/

1 Like

Thank you thank you those are the ones.

1 Like

which sizes/ # of barbs are best for microrooting? i can never remember.

I use the pink ones always. I separate out a few hairs from the bunch then root them. Rarely get multiple hairs per hole… only if I dont separate any and just root from the ends.

1 Like

I ordered pink Didnt see" Crown"which I use but said 3 barbs so i guess the same or close
I usually get German 42 or.43? Crown from Dolls by Sandi.You think these are better? Cant wait to try.

I like those needles but I use the black ones, single barb.

1 Like

So I bought the pink and I like them fairly well but.to be honest the German 42 or 43 Crown from Dolls by.Sandi are stronger to me
These seem to have more play and didn’t take me long to bend then hit a hard spot and break one . I don’t break many any more usually so I’m leery how these will go.
The rubber color coded handle is a nice touch

1 Like

Unfortunately, they break easily, the black ones are even worse. Ive been trying to find a one barb that can hold up better. Im in Europe so the Heavenly Illusions needles are easy for me to get and I love them but its kind of a waste when you break so many. If I do lighter hair I don’t break as many, I only broke 3 on my Tink but I just did a Zuri head a couple weeks ago and the Mommy wanted thicker hair…I broke TEN!!

Yikes 10!! This is the first head I did with them so jury’s still out .
I never remember prices but I think doll by sandI are cheaper .Arent Illusion $15 for 10? I think dolls by sandis brand is $10 for 10?
If i dont see a huge difference probably go back to them next time

1 Like

I get mine for 8 euro :slight_smile:

I broke 10 in a whole year… funny how different each person is with the same items. lol

I bought pink needles at ROSE 2017 - 10 of them and broke the last one I had on the last head for ROSE 2018 and finished it with a black coated one. Also from ROSE 2017 (from Jacky’s class)

1 Like

Im a rough rooter LOL

I actually seem to break less if I don’t put them in a holder.

2 Likes

I dont use a holder. But I do reuse the broke piece (depending on length) and put it in my mushroom holder… and keep going. It has to be long enough though or not much hair is on the inside to glue down.

1 Like

Do you use a lamp ?
I used to use one but now I fill up the head with polypellets (I have some from one of my reborns from my collection who I took apart) and I don’t use heat anymore.
Strangely enough I rooted Reine without heating her hard, german, vinyl head and I broke far less needles than I did on Zuri. Maybe Im just breaking more now because Im using the polypellets, I just started doing that this past summer and I get better results that way…but I do break more needles :wink:

1 Like

I dont use a heat lamp or fill the head. Just root. I do not root hard heads though, they get prisma hair or sponged depending on skin tone.
And rarely use a lamp to see better with. It makes my eyes hurt fast.

1 Like

I kinda like the hard heads, I like the resistance. Its not good for my hands but my rooting has improved so Ill just have to try to be more careful with my needles. I really like the pink needles and they have worked the best for me and its strange that some babies I break a ton of needles on and some I don’t. Maybe it is just me :wink:

1 Like

I just use a full regular needle no mushroom but good idea for broken needles!
I warm my heads with a rice sock and it seems to root better that way less bending warm. But still not bad as it cools to a point…
I tried a salt light. Switch broke in about 15 times turning it on off too hot to leave on.
I find the Illusion pink pretty good but for price too close to Sandis as I said and Sandis stiffer .
Sandis I think $10 for 10. Illusions were $15 for 10 I guess more because of the rubber handle but I really don’t need that
Maybe I’m just use to Sandis. Ive had the same 2 needles from Sandis ive rooted with for months now.For mevthry last.
I think sone heads have more hard or thick areas for construction purposes than others so yes some I think harder to root .I’m use to BB dolls bought another from soneplace else and her head is so hard I have only gotten a little hair on.My hands arent very strong I guess.Real pain

1 Like