Vintage NWT gown on eBay

I’ve been watching this gorgeous gown on eBay. The only reason I haven’t bought it is because of the tag location. I can’t see a way to display it on a baby without removing the tag. That would immediately decrease the value. It’s a beautiful christening gown. Great price. If I didn’t already have a beautiful vintage christening gone waiting for a baby, I would definitely get it. But as much as I love this one, I’m going to pass. I thought maybe one of y’all might want to go buy it. It would be perfect on a higher priced baby. :heart_eyes:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-1950s-Friemanit-Baby-Baptism-CHRISTENING-GOWN-Bonnet-Cap-Knit-NWT-old-stock/113448116482?hash=item1a6a08e102:g:ZJYAAOSw8HBZE2md:sc:USPSFirstClass!79064!US!-1

5 Likes

ITs in the back when it usually is just pulled through the front to show it. You should buy it!

1 Like

That’s beautiful. It looks like the tag is attached with thread so it would be easy to put it back on.

Stop it woman!!! I’m trying to resist! Don’t talk me into buying it. One of y’all buy it. :joy:

4 Likes

Yes, buy it. It is beautiful. Save the tag and put it back if you need to.

1 Like

This is very odd, that gown is on my watch list. I wasn’t going to buy it because it is not a newborn sized it is more like a 3-6 month size. Every darn Christening gown I buy (three so far) the seller says “new born” but when it arrives it is much larger. I looked at my christening photos and I was about 3-6 months old, wish we still had that gown, all the kids in my family for generations wore it, it seems to have disappeared, irony is that no one stayed Catholic after my parents generation. I am on the fence, it is really pretty and honestly I was thinking of dying it blush for a vintage style doll I have been wanting to make with my Elliott sculpt.

This is the one I am madly in love with.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Nanouchka-of-France-Saks-Fifth-Avenue-Hand-Sewn-Christening-Gown-Cotton/302991653815?_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131227121020%26meid%3D3a50ee3848b54c2cba965714c9d4828d%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D183578886727%26itm%3D302991653815&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

3 Likes

That’s pretty. I bought this one a few weeks ago. It has the slip, dress and bonnet. It’s beautiful. And that price was insanely great!

5 Likes

They did the right thing! :hugs:

I put these 2 babies together so they could model mine. As you can see, there’s a massive difference in size.

The gown looks beautiful on tiny Jennie

But it also looks precious on big girl Tobiah

I think the broad size range works fine in christening gowns. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

FYI I’m not Catholic. I’m baptist. But who doesn’t love a long flowy dress on a baby?! :wink:

7 Likes

Me too! :slight_smile: I didn’t try to imply you were Catholic :slight_smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

You didn’t imply that I was. I just got to thinking, I should clarify. Pretty white dresses can be for any religion or no religion. They are good for anyone who likes pretty clothes. :wink:

6 Likes

Someone bought the vintage gown. Good thing. It saved me from spending money :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I love gowns like this! I have mine from when I was a baby, I believe it was my mom’s too. I should get it out and put it on a baby for a photo.

2 Likes

Okay so I got it out and it’s definitely older than me lol So that would make it at least 60 years old if it was my mom’s and then mine. Here’s chunky bubba Nellie modeling it

10 Likes

That’s beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: My grandma saved it in case I have a little girl someday. Along with my first Christmas outfits and the outfit my mom and I both wore home from the hospital

4 Likes

How gorgeous!!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh how wonderful, I adore it! So glad you got it out for us to see!

1 Like

I’m a Catholic!!! We are good people! Anyway… the dress is SOLD.

2 Likes