Vivienne by S.F

Is there anyone else unhappy with this kit ?

Recieved this kit and I am so unhappy with it . Machpersons made a note on the bag " left pinky " wich has an imperfection .
The kit is hard as a rock . Overall the kit isn’t cleaned from the fabric from extra vinyl where shouldn’t supposed to be .
I never did this before but I am really considering sending it back for a refund the. I would loose money .
I may keep ordering from now and on te kits from sculptor who I know provide good quality and flawless kits. I mean for $110 we can expect some quality .

5 Likes

Awww. I hate to hear that. I was wanting to buy that kit. :confused:

1 Like

Wait a bit . This is just my opinion . Maybe others have better experience .
I paid $125.98 for it including the body.
I sent and email for Machpersons . So sad as she has a cute face and was looking toward to reborn her .

3 Likes

I’m sorry the kit has imperfections, that’s so frustrating for us reborners but it isn’t MacPherson’s fault. They aren’t the ones that trim the kits or cause imperfections, that’s the factory that manufactures the kits fault. They should have better quality control before those kits ever leave the factory, but there again, what can we expect when they come from China. (usually).

1 Like

I am not blaming them but they are the supplier and I had to contact them about . Even the back of the eyes is cut and missing . I usually insert eyes from front to avoid the hastle . I hope others will have better experience. It sad that for this expensive kit I have to loose money to ship it back .

2 Likes

It sucks for all of us when things like this happen. We pay a lot of money for some of these kits and to have them show up at our doors all discombobulated is the pits!! Did they have a better one they could send out to you, I sure hope so!

edit to add: I think we get spoiled by BB. They have the cheapest kit around and also the BEST VINYL!! GO BB!!

8 Likes

Wow I’m sorry to hear this I was wanting to order Kenzie by Sandy Faber but now I am not sure thats a lot of money for crap. I bought a kit not long ago from MacPherson and I didn’t like it but it was going to cost me $23,00 to send it back so I contacted MacPherson and asked them to pay the postage and that I would pay them it wound up costing me $10.00 much better then $23,00

1 Like

You have received a seconds kit for the price of an expensive kit. Definitely send it back and complain. They should never have posted it out, that was very poor of them.

5 Likes

That stinks that the kit has so many imperfections:( Just so you and others know, the back of the eyes being cut it is not an imperfection. I thought the same thing when I did James, but found out that those kits are purposely made that way. You have to glue felt or something else to the back of the eyes to set them. At least in the James kit I found that the eyes were easy to set because inside the head has vinyl that will hold the eyes in place even without the back, if that makes sense.

2 Likes

Is James hard vinyl too?

Yes, his head was hard. His limbs were regular vinyl though.

2 Likes

Good to know. Thanks. :slight_smile:
I want all of her kits. Now there’s a toddler too. Too many babies. Not enough time. :wink:

1 Like

I completely understand! I’m in love with Vivienne and Kenzie, I’m just glad they are open edition so I can wait awhile before I order them:)

3 Likes

Same here! I love when I see “open edition” on a description. :wink:

3 Likes

Vivienne would make a perfect twin for James. I just finished him. His eye sockets have no backs either, but there is kind of a lip that holds the eye in place until you glue it.

6 Likes

Machpersons making it right . I guess we all lose if any of the items isn’t perfect. I do hope all my other preorders will be good as usually .

4 Likes

Glad to hear they are making it right. It doesn’t make sense that you got one that had a noted imperfection on the pinky when it wasn’t seconds pricing.

1 Like

Did you get this issue resolved? I just ordered Kenzie from Macpherson and I’m so unhappy with her. It took them forever to send her. They said they were having issues with the body for the doll. Should have been a red flag. The limbs are huge and the vinyl is rock hard. I’ve only been reborning for 6 months and have always used bb kits. Also do you know if I should have received a coa for Kenzie? You would think for $125 I would have gotten something. Went to send it back yesterday and was totally shocked at the $40 cost. I kept her and am thinking about contacting Macphersons. I’m not happy.

Hi . I had to box her and give the box size and weight and they setted up FedEx to pick it up. I did had to print out the FEDEX shipping paper .
Some kits come like that , I learned it depends where the sculptor orders them . I guess some choose the cheapest option ?
I do never had issues with any Bonnie Brown kits or Laura Eagles and so on. I may not be ordering anymore kits from not so popular sculptors but that is sad because then how I would support them ???

The price is high for that money I do except high quality .

1 Like

That’s a shame. I was looking at many of her kits for a smiling baby before I got my hands on a Sunny.