Your VERY FIRST reborn baby!

Wow, Lisa! Did you root the hair or is it a wig?

1 Like

I rooted her hair…I was super nervous and broke a lot of needles at first but once I got the hang of it, it went pretty fast :slight_smile:

My first, done with air dry paints, went straight to the garbage. She turned out too blue.

My second and third were air dry and a little bit better. Then I began trying GHSP.

Patrick was an air dray paint baby (HunnyBuns Waterborne Paints), baby number 3:

Sophia, my first Berenguer La Newborn, baby number 4 (HunnyBuns Waterborne Paints):

I too am a geriatrics nurse.

9 Likes

Wow! I rooted my first’s hair but it was VERY sparse. :smile:

3 Likes

And this was my first. Wasn’t sure how I’d go so bought a cheap china kit also, as someone else mentioned.
Looks like he’s about to fall off the window ledge. LOL Still have him tho. Luckely I could see thru the glaring mistakes and thought he was wonderful.

Still love doing the hair the best.

9 Likes

I don’t know how to upload pictures and keep seeing instructions like “just drag and drop” but I don’t know what that means. Hope this worked.

Anyway, this is my first reborn baby Serenity June. I still love her. She looks like my daughter. I have to laugh at her hair though. It is eighteen year old English Mohair from my days doing porcelains. I rooted it with a 38 needle and it is a mass of plugs and not much else. But she is the snuggliest doll I’ve made yet. I still love this sculpt. (Heather) She makes me feel so peaceful.

11 Likes

My grandaughter wanted a reborn from “Santa” after seeing the Bountiful Baby booth at a doll show, so I thought I’d give it a try. This is Kimber, now a baby boy named Preese. I find myself shopping for baby Preese at all the sales

10 Likes

M y first reborn is caleb

9 Likes

I’ve not had good luck trying to load pics with my phone on the new forum but I am really enjoying looking at everyone’s babies!

1 Like

This is my first reborn. Her name is Maria. She was made from the Shyann kit. Her hair was a mess but I love her anyway. I have made a ton of babies since then, but she is still my favorite…I guess because she was the first :smile:

14 Likes

This is my first baby. I used the “libby” kit and reborned him into Branden…in memory of my stillborn son. I have looked at reborns for years and never purchased. Recently I was speaking to a lady about making me a custom doll so we started looking at kits. That is how I found BB. Then I knew I could paint one myself since I had painted ceramics all my life. So…this baby has some mistakes and pluggy hair…but I love him and that is all that matters. :smile:

And this other baby with the pink blanket is the second one I a working on. The “molly” kit. She now has hair so I wll post more pics later once she is finished. I also have Asher awake, Corbin, Cooper, and Crystal waiting in the wings LOL.

11 Likes

Here is Tristan Mitchell … Still needs some eye lashes but I was excited to share since I almost finished my first reborn!

13 Likes

Sam was my very first in 2009
Anna was from 2011
Knox was one this year
It’s a Girl I am working on to list on ebay as we speak :smile:

20 Likes

Congratulations, he is very cute and you have done a great job. It look like he might could use a little more color but it could be the camera or my monitor. He is wonderful for your first baby!

1 Like

He is very cute. Nice first baby. Are you going to keep him?

Yeah it was my iPhone, and the room was a little dark, but I also wanted him pretty fair. I have very light Scottish skin, and I wanted his to match :slight_smile:

Oh no wrong thread haha!

We used the same kit, its amazing how different painting and hair color can change it! He’s adorable.

This is my paisley. I sold her to my aunt. I made two before her, but they were made with Wal-Mart dolls and acrylic paint with regular hobby lobby hair. Never. Again. Nope. This is my first real reborn. I loved her and now her mommy gets to love her :slight_smile:

[URL=http://s1242.photobucket.com/user/RainDance21/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-04/FB_IMG_1427894148095.jpg.html][/URL]

11 Likes

@fuzzypeachnursery
I am working on a custom caleb right now and I totally bought the same binkie and I was SO scared he would look.terrible with such a large paci, thanks for posting that pic. Mind if I.share it with the woman I am.making the doll for so.she. can see it wont look so bad?