Apperently RSV can kill adults

My healthy 43 yr old nephew died suddenly this past week, his only symptons were a horrible cough. Went to Dr., tested positive for RSV, vitals were bad, stat flew him to hospital he crashed on flight, was put on life support that was disconnected per Dr advice and family request 24 hrs later. Been really tough week, he leaves a wife and 3 children. We never thought when he got on flight and said “see you on the other side” and i love you, would be last words he said…beware :(:pensive:

Oh man! So sorry to hear. :frowning:

I’m so sorry to hear about your nephew. My thoughts are with your family. Thank you for the warning.

Oh, so sorry to hear that! Prayers for you and your family.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Oh wow! I am so sorry! Prayers for peace and comfort. May God surround you all, especially his wife and babies.

I am so very sorry. You and your family are in my prayers.

Thank you, his 13 yr old son is taking it very hard, cant quit crying…: ( Funeral Monday gonna be tough

How old are the kids?

20,13 and 10

That’s so hard! I can’t imagine losing a parent at those ages. :confused:

Makes it rough as this one has always been glued to his dad, lay on his chest as he passed…

His 10 yr old fell in love with the cuddle body Maggie head i made, my sister is giving it to her for Christmas. I may suggest she give it earlier

Oh no…just horrible :frowning:

I’m so very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I’m so sorry I never would have thought an adult would get RSV much less die from it.

I’m so sorry for you loss! Also had no idea this was a risk to adults.

I am so sorry for you and your family’s loss. I am a respiratory therapist in Canada working mainly pediatrics. We see many babies and medically fragile kids get sick with RSV every year starting late fall until early spring. Not too many die anymore -unless they have alot of underlying medical problems. Adults should just get a common cold with RSV…must be a terrible strain this year. Where did your nephew live?

We never even knew adults got it! He lived in N. Indiana

I’m sorry for your loss.
BTW because he died with RSV doesn’t mean he died from RSV…in his weakened state, he could have passed from other problems…I lost a parent at ten, my father…his kids will need a lot of help to get through this and that’s putting it mildly…so sorry!