Applying eyelashes to sleeping baby

Please can anyone tell me how to apply eyelashes to a sleeping baby. I searched topics but could only find one for open eyed babies.
I am new to this.
What glue do I need?
Thanks

I use the small pieces I trim off of the end when i do the hair cut. I root from the cut end. I then lay it on the spot it needs to be rooted and then insert the needle into the crease. Be sure it is in the crease. Eyelashes do not grow on the eyelid. I use a tiny bit of air dry gloss varnish to the eyelids to give them a moist look. I also use the same tacky glue inside the head as used for the hair on the head. I make sure I cover it there also.

After almost crying in frustration at applying BB’s wispy eyelashes, I decided the other day to root them…nothing could be easier. No muss, no fuss, and WAY more realistic looking. I hadn’t done it because it looked difficult, but was amazingly surprised at how EASY it is. Try that and you’ll never have to worry about gluing in lashes anymore!

I root them, Glued them on the first babies I did for my granddaughters with E600… They wouldn’t stay on so I finally rooted… Very easy to do… Just be sure you only get one lash at the time and root UP towards the top of the head so they will lay nicely… I also use air dry gloss on the lid after rooting…

I did read a tutorial on lashes for closed eyed babies (I think it was on BB) and they actually took an exacto knife and cut a slit to place the lashes… I would NEVER do that… too scarey…

Hi- it is easy to root them in on the sleepers. Just root a little upwards inside of the eye slit

Pia, that is the only way we could do it before any of us rooted. All the babies had strip eyelashes. and YES it was very scary to cut the eye and stick in the lashes. and they didn’t look nearly as real as the rooted ones we do now.

Thanks everyone.
Now I am scared!!! I was thinking of the strip eyelashes because I have not done ANY rooting yet.
So you have to make a slit in the vinyl to apply the strip eyelashes? that is scary too!
Not sure if I am brave enough to try rooting yet but worried about cutting the vinyl also.
HELP!!! not sure what I am going to do now.

— Begin quote from “sharron2074”

Thanks everyone.
Now I am scared!!! I was thinking of the strip eyelashes because I have not done ANY rooting yet.
So you have to make a slit in the vinyl to apply the strip eyelashes? that is scary too!
Not sure if I am brave enough to try rooting yet but worried about cutting the vinyl also.
HELP!!! not sure what I am going to do now.

— End quote

ROOT…ROOT…ROOT… You just need a rooting needle (I recommend 43G single barb) and some mohair (of if you have a very young child that you can cut about 1 1/2 to 2" off you could use that… I think adult hair would be too coarse… don’t cut the vinyl…

I agree with the rooting even if I still use the 38g needles. Most of the time I can’t get more than one hair with those. Sometimes it may get too thick if I don’t pay attention but just pull out the extras with tweezers. I was like you and couldn’t imagine cutting the eyelid. Although someone did that to make a peeking baby. May try that someday. I can’t get the open eye ones rooted yet.

Does anyone have any close up pictures of the rooted lashes they have done? I have seen some dolls on e-bay with rooted lashes that don’t look too good (in my opinion) so that has put me off the rooted ones.