Baby Liam - CASA baby for foster child

Thank you so much!!
I know you are only able to buy one or two kits at a time to paint, so I wanted to tell you that if you wanted a kit or two to paint for CASA at times you don’t have anything to paint, I’d be more than happy to send them to you!
I know you rather use your time to paint a baby you’re selling, but if you ever want a kit to paint while you’re waiting to purchase your next one, let me know! You can paint it and I can assemble it here, or I can send you the stuffing, etc.
just let me know! :blush:

This offer goes for anyone really. I have the kits, I just take too long to paint.

1 Like

Of course, I’d totally be willing to do that for you! I just love painting, the only reason I sell is because I have to. I’d much rather donate them if I could. If you want you can pm me and we can chat a bit more about the details :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah I need to sell some too, but that’s starting to look like a dream. Lol.
I bought a bunch of cheap kits in the very beginning. Since I’ve painted a few kits, I’ve become a little bit snobbish to those kits. I don’t like them anymore and I don’t think they would sell with all the competition out there. But they would make great CASA babies! I just can’t paint kits to sell, and paint kits to donate at the same time. I’m too slow. I’ll never get anywhere. Lol.
I will definitely message you later to talk details! :blush:

2 Likes

Sounds good! I know what you mean, I’m super picky about the ones I buy too.

1 Like

Successful RA who sell on reborns most often paint mostly BB kits. Nothing is wrong with cheap kits.

1 Like

Nothing is wrong with them, I just don’t want to make or sell 3/4” limb kits. I find them to be oddly shaped. That’s just my opinion though.
And I didn’t necessarily mean cheap as in cost. I still buy only the cheaper kits. I just prefer nicer kits that are on sale, rather than lower cost kits that are on sale. But that’s just me and what works best for my vision when I paint. I have nothing against “cheap” kits.

3 Likes

I have one to send to you. It won’t the the one I originally intended though, as that one accidentally sold lol. As in it’s been sitting on reborns for more than 2 YEARS with no interest so I thought “nah, I don’t need to change it to adopted, it’ll never sell” and then wouldn’t you know it, someone bought it over the weekend! But I have another to send so all is good!

3 Likes

That’s awesome! The sale and your donation! Thank you!! :blush:

1 Like

One deed deserves another. Congrats!

1 Like

That’s the poorly fitting bodies, not the kits themselves. I get my 3/4 limb bodies from Irresistables. They’re proportionate and fit properly. Dolls By Sandie has some that fit well, also.

3 Likes

I like the 3/4 limbs for Cuddle factor. Also love Cuddle bodies. I like full limbs and full bodies for display purposes and if I ever took a larger baby out I think full body or full limbs would be better. I need to try Irresistables and DBS 3/4 bodies.

1 Like

I love seeing them painted by other artist, I just just wouldn’t buy them for myself to paint anymore. I display our keepers and Olivia likes to dress them up and take them out. The full limbed babies work better for our needs. . And being that’s what I like, it’s what I paint for others. If I’m given a kit or a 3/4 limb doll, of course I’d paint and love it. But when shopping for kits, if I have the option to buy a 3/4 or full limbed kit, I have no reason to buy a 3/4.
But that’s just me! Y’all don’t get mad at me because I don’t like 3/4 limb kits! Lol. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I will try different bodies for the ones I already have though. The BB 3/4 bodies are horrible. I have a baby with backwards legs right now because of those bodies. Lol.

3 Likes

The people that like 3/4 limbs and Cuddle Bodies are the minority, lol! Well I know who to text when I have a full limb body and want 3/4 limbs, lol. When I ask people to sell me their 3/4 limbs I think they think I’m crazy. :crazy_face: but I am serious. Now that I plan on doing larger babies that may be harder as larger does not mean cuddles when they are standing. :roll_eyes: I have no idea what my future holds as I did not start out wanting to paint Alternatives that just kinda fell in my lap so to speak. I know I am in the minority in that respect too. C’est la vie! We all have our own tastes. I love the Art and love love looking at everyones babies, toddlers and child dolls, we need more child doll artist on here. BB does not sell them though. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing that!

@Tessa I agree with most of it. However from my experience, not all BB 3/4 bodies are terrible, I only dislike ‘barrel’ looking bodies and they are usually for smaller kits. Gethered 3/4 bodies are much better.
I do prefer full limbs kits though, even if they fall into the ‘cheap’ category. This is what makes them affordable for people who does not have ot want to pay a lot for reborns.

And it’s no ‘getting mad’ at you here. We just having a discussion and expressing different opinions. It’s all LOVE :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I can see how your love for alternative babies developed. I’m enjoying painting the Avatar baby.
My little Petunia was messed up so I haven’t been painting her as detailed as I normally would be painting, but it’s fun to be able to be creative and just go with what you want. Regular reborning doesn’t have much wiggle room. Everyone’s objective and goal is the same…make it look real. Lol.
I appreciate everyones opinion and taste. I love the individuality that each artist brings to the table.

I actually have some 3/4 limbs if you want them. They are painted but you could maybe do something with them? I had to throw the head away because I messed it up trying to paint hair on it. Lol.
The limbs aren’t my best work either. But I kept them just Incase. Lol.

2 Likes

I struggled with the 3/4 limb babies when I was using them for my Etsy shop to display the newborn photo props I was making. Full limbs would have made my photos much more natural and realistic. So I also am not a fan of the 3/4 limb personally, I love full limbs! I do understand if a persons need is to snuggle and cuddle and find the full limb awkward. But I too buy and sell what I prefer :joy:

2 Likes

The Realborn bodies are more proportionate and fit better.

3 Likes

@Tessa I am only going to paint 23 and above once I am done with what I have. So thanks if you have any larger limbs if not that’s ok.

1 Like