Baby Pimples

Ok, I tried a new technique for baby pimples. Honest opinions please!

Awesome!!! The best I have seen? Will you share your technique??
HUgs, Barb

VERY realistic, Katie. Please share your new techniques.

Looks insanely realistic

Thats awesome. How did you do it?

Can’t give away my technique (took me a while to get it right) but I will say the skin is completely smooth. It only looks 3D.

They look too real! I hated it when my real babies got them and now my grandbaby gets them…fortunately Ryan is past that stage as he’s almost one. Just can’t do it to my babies - unless there is a defect I’m trying to hide.

Haha! Well I go for realism instead of beauty. Babies are never perfect! No defects in this kit, but something was missing with her and I realized she lacked those newborn inperfections.

I have been thinking of doing a baby with a small strawberry hemangioma. But I have to figure out how to get the clay and paint right.

Very realistic!

The pimples is very simple Ladies, you take a pea size of Matte Varnish mix with thinner or thinning med ( just small portion please) mix very well and make a little dot on the areas that you want on the face, then you bake, then you use a touch of Flesh 08 mix with Genesis yellow and you paint with a script liner brush on top of the little dot and then you bake and you have the pimple, now if you want around the pimple the little red color use BB lip/nail/blush and paint the area.
Hope this help, this is my technique no Kathy technique.

Great tips! I do mine quite a bit different but your way sounds great too.S

— Begin quote from “lamafer1101”

The pimples is very simple Ladies, you take a pea size of Matte Varnish mix with thinner or thinning med ( just small portion please) mix very well and make a little dot on the areas that you want on the face, then you bake, then you use a touch of Flesh 08 mix with Genesis yellow and you paint with a script liner brush on top of the little dot and then you bake and you have the pimple, now if you want around the pimple the little red color use BB lip/nail/blush and paint the area.
Hope this help, this is my technique no Kathy technique.

— End quote

Great tip Marlen! You always have good directions.

Thank you Ladies.

Genny that is how I did mine but when I finished I wondered if I could just mix the color into it and do it in one step. What do you think?

Hi Deb - those are Marlen’s directions – I haven’t tried it yet – sorry, I was just commenting how Marlen’s process.

— Begin quote from “Debora Jenkins”

Genny that is how I did mine but when I finished I wondered if I could just mix the color into it and do it in one step. What do you think?

— End quote

Debora if you mix all together don’t going to look like a pimple, usually pimples are in the tip yellow and the rest with some blood, you can make the way that you like but when you add matte in the skin and make a dot and then you paint the tip of that dot with the flesh8/yellow mix very lite and you bake then you use very thin layer of BB lip/nail/blush around the dot and on top of the dot going to look natural, something similar as Katy did on her baby.

— Begin quote from “lamafer1101”

— Begin quote from “Debora Jenkins”

— End quote

Debora if you mix all together don’t going to look like a pimple, usually pimples are in the tip yellow and the rest with some blood, you can make the way that you like but when you add matte in the skin and make a dot and then you paint the tip of that dot with the flesh8/yellow mix very lite and you bake then you use very thin layer of BB lip/nail/blush around the dot and on top of the dot going to look natural, something similar as Katy did on her baby.

— End quote

Lol sorry but there is apparently a huge difference between painting it and reading in great detain what I painted. The yellow pus and little bit of blood part made me gag a little.

LOL I just was curious. Sorry we grossed you out

Haha now I’ll never look at my babies cute little pimples the same again.

I am super new at this…but i was wondering if you could make these pimples somehow with the little glass beads we use to stuff the babies with?