Back from the ER with my first reborning injury

And hopefully last. I just cut myself down to the bone with an exacto knife. Scared the poor kids and myself to death. Luckily I only ended up with 3 stitches, a tetanus shot, and a blood soaked doll. My thumb was pretty numb immediately so hopefully that goes back to normal. I feel like such an idiot.

4 Likes

Also can anyone recommend a way to get blood off of the cloth body?

2 Likes

Ow! Sorry that happened. Hydrogen peroxide will take out the blood. You should probably take the doll apart first so you can hand wash the body.

1 Like

Peroxide will bubble it out,but test a small spot to check for bleaching.otherwise usually just cold water.

1 Like

Ouch ! If you feel like an idiot, I am a tripple idiot…I deep cut my fingers 3 times with my scissors and my blade while sewing a body yesterday. Hope your thumb will get better fast ! Heh, accidents happen, dont beat yourself.

Will try the peroxyde on my fabric.

1 Like

Ouch!!!

2 Likes

Glad your okay. Them exacto knives are the
worse. God bless.

1 Like

Happens to the best of us … One of my dolly friends cut clear through one her tendons on her middle finger and it stayed popped up like she was giving THE finger.

I cut mine cutting meat for dinner about 6 months ago cut through a nerve and it went numb like that.
I asked my dr about it and he said sometimes the nerve will heal and grow back together … Mine is getting the feeling back slowly. Hope yours does too.

1 Like

OH my goodness I’m so sorry this happened to you! Wishing you a speedy recovery

1 Like

EEEk!

I would throw out the body and start over.

1 Like

Oh no! :open_mouth: So sorry! Hope you heal quickly!

Yep…I’d ditch that body for a new one.

1 Like

It is scary, I was taking the pit out of an avocado and stabbed into my hand. I think I had about 5 stitches. I lost the feeling in my ring finger. It is slowly coming back after a year, not dolly related but I couldn’t paint for a minute. I don’t wear my wedding rings because it feels too weird. I have cut my finger with the exacto knife not bad, and poke fingers with my rooting needle. I felt like an idiot too, lol. I do not stab avocados anymore.

It will get better with time. Glad you are ok!

1 Like

Peroxide [quote=“jeanhai, post:3, topic:61636”]
peroxide
[/quote]

1 Like

Thanks everyone. The meds are wearing off and I’m starting to feel the pain now. I didn’t cut my thumb I cut the area between my wrist and thumb so I guess it is traveling up my thumb. My husband was trying to help distract me during stitches and was joking that I was trying to bring my doll to life with a blood transfusion.:rofl: I was planning to sell this doll but it’s had my blood all over it now and while I wiped it off and could replace the body I can’t properly clean it the way you need to for sanitation so I guess my daughter is getting this doll after all. She’s been bugging me since I started making her so she’ll be happy.

3 Likes

I cut my left thumb twice last year. The first time I was using a razor blade which was five stitches. The second time, scissors, same thumb about a half an inch from the first cut. I only had two stitches but I had cut an artery which was really scarey. The same doctor sewed me up both times. Both times was reborn related. Be sure you massage the area after it heals to keep the scar tissue at bay. I have all the feeling back in my thumb with no problems. I hope this is an encouragement that your thumb will be okay.

1 Like

Thank you, that does make me feel better. I was so scared that I did permanent damage.

She is pretty excited that she gets to keep her.

6 Likes

Oh…take care of it…wounds of love :wink:

1 Like

ouch! gotta be careful with those exactos!

I will probably never touch one again. Hubby will be handling my exacto work from now on. Maybe eventually but I can’t even look at one right now.

1 Like