Big fail trying to learn to paint hair

So yesterday i was looking for something and found an old kit i had started working on years ago and set it aside and i had drawn pencil hair on it so i decided to play around with trying to paint hair … looks like a huge mess.
anyone know of any good tutorials ? I watched a couple on you tube and it looked so easy lol.

Wish I could help but my hair painting is sad…I usually pencil or root and have started doing the rooted applied hair. Sorry I’m no help. Have you used the magnifier at the top right to search this forum for a tutorial.?

Thanks yeah i did look with the looking glass and found a link but it was not working any more.
I have always rooted my reborn’s too. I will probably keep making messes till i figure it out or give up lol.

I think Simone is referring to the Facebook group Reborn 3D Hair Painting with Christine Woolley. Her hair painting is beautiful and she has a tutorial coming out soon.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Thank you I found her on F.B. That hair is amazing! I wonder what kind of paint she uses.

2 Likes

It is a new brand of acrylic paint that is to be released pretty soon and the tutorial will come with that paint and the brushes she uses. I think someone asked if it could be used over GHSP and she said yes. At least I think I remember that LOL!

3 Likes

Thank you I appreciate it.

1 Like
6 Likes

Man that is some awesome painted hair! she makes it look so darn easy.
Thank you

3 Likes

Maybe you could learn to paint hair by taking a hair painting class like Evon Nather has at Rose doll show in Salt Lake City, Utah or find a DVD tutorial that you can buy or order online about painting hair If you have the budget. I really do want to try learning how to paint reborn doll hair too, I do my own hair rooting which I think I’m really good at though, but I just want try skills at paint hair.:smile: