Black specks/spots help

So my seconds arrived today and have been trying to get rid of 5 black spots on the limbs and head but no luck . What does everyone do with their seconds kits … use them for practice ? or cover up with scratches/ moles?
Ive just placed another big order of seconds today and wondering if i have made a big mistake if they will all have the strong black spots .

I have never got any from BB with spots.

Have you washed them with dawn dish soap?
I scrub them with a toothbrush and soapy hot water.

I know that some people use Oxy 10 zit cream to fade some spots

2 Likes

Its my Summer rains :cry: and yes tried everything and cleaned with alcohol and brush cleaner they are embedded in the vinyl … one of them is like a black thread i cant stop trying to pick it off lol

1 Like

Hmm… well if it wont come out and it doesnt get worse I would cover it with a scratch

2 Likes

I had one like that on my Macie kit. It was not a seconds kit either! Don’t pick it out, it will leave a hole!

3 Likes

Have you tried a magic eraser?

Can the black spots be covered when painting many layers? I have 5 to cover up.

1 Like

No i have not what product is that as i have not had it before ?

It looks like this. It’s in the cleaning section of pretty much any store.

Ive had these too and not just on seconds. Its almost like a sliver bc I’ve taken a needle and kinda dragged them out before. DONT do this though bc it will leave a hole and your paint will get into it and leave a mark anyways plus you will have a viable gouge there as well. Id say if its on the head, it will get covered anyways so leave it. But anywhere else they are going to show through your paint layers unless you put a mole or birthrate over them. Did you see these spots right when you took the kit out of the box?

3 Likes

@shandeni The thread is on the arm and the rest of the spots are on the arm leg and head.
Yes i saw them as soon as i picked up the box from customs and opened the bags. I assumed if i had black spots they would be very faint and not so strong .

Oh no. Most of my kits I bought were seconds. I would contact bb. That’s not right. I know if it were seconds there might be some things that could be covered up but that’s not acceptable if you can’t Reborn and sell it. I didn’t but seconds kits for practice.

1 Like

Im assuming as it is seconds it does not have the same return policy as a first kit and im in Europe .

I was hoping for a way to fade or remove some of them x

Thanks @Katinafleming im in Europe and not seen them before but will try and find
Do they work well ?

@Countrycradlereborns ah thanks for trying to help . Ive been after Summer Rain since 2016 but always missed her on sale so gutted she is so spotty lol

Have any of you ever used a thick application of paint to cover blemishes at the beginning? We are all used to working thin, so I’m curious if it would work. Like, full strength flesh 08 with no thinner or medium.

I’ve never tried it on vinyl, but I did it once to color match sculpey ears to blank vinyl and then proceeded as normal. It worked pretty well…

1 Like

@Rainbowbabies Following i wonder about doing that too.

1 Like

I’ve used thick medium before to fill in a hole in the vinyl. I baked it once when I first applied it, but was baked a lot more by the time I was done. Super sculpey also worked with a gnawed on finger. Seen it a year later and I couldn’t tell that it wasn’t the original finger.

2 Likes

I’ll try it on a test part & let you know what happens :blush:

1 Like