Cloth bodies with the string ties? Help!

I am a beginner. I am trying to assemble Realborn Evelyn but I guess I pulled too hard on one end of the string and the string came out of the body. Now I can’t attach her head? What do i do?! I very much regret not using the body with cable ties. These string ties don’t work very well…

Just tie the end of the string to a small safety pin and pull it back through.

Next time you order buy the cables and the body with the strings, pull the string out and replace with the cables. It is cheaper that way. :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

You actually can just remove the strings and replace them yourself with cable ties. I have saw cable ties at Walmart even the dollar store. BB & most doll suppliers sells the very thin ones.

I can’t find an opening. Obviously there’s an opening if the string was in there, but I can’t get my cable tie through it. I can’t even find it.

I can’t find the opening

I can’t seem to get my cable tie through the opening

So i managed to get it through the opening but I’m stuck where the seam is. It won’t get past this one spot! I am so frustrated.

2 Likes

That’s the front of the doll. The opening is either on the side or the back.

1 Like

Take it out and thread it through from the other direction - the seam is probably folded to that side

2 Likes

If it won’t go through in one direction go to the other opening and try that way. Usually if mine don’t go through the first try I go to the other hole and it usually goes right through. the hole is small but its there , you can do it.

1 Like

Change it to zip ties. The strings never get it tight enough.

1 Like

When I first started reborning, I didn’t know you could remove & replace. Even after knotting and gluing the string the limbs and head kept popping off.

2 Likes

I remember walking through Walmart with a doll that was put together with string ties. A leg popped off and fell right on the floor. Bet security had fun with that one! :rofl:

5 Likes

If you get stuck at a seem it usually means you are going in the wrong direction. Pull out and go the other way.

I just had this same, exact problem with a string body. It was a Realborn body, the one for Joseph and Summer Rain. I removed the strings like I always do. I replaced the limbs with the cable ties and when I got to the neck I could not get the cable tie through the front seem. It was too narrow. I struggled with it for a half hour, trying to thread the cable tie in both directions, and finally had to cut the back of the seem, on the inside, and then the tie went through. I think there is a batch of defective string bodies that have narrow seems that keep the cable ties from fitting. And I use the very thin ties, so it was too narrow for them.

1 Like

I have run across this issue too, @InfantInspirations, used to do all of this until I discovered that shoving something through there (knitting needle in my case) loosened it up enough for the cable. My ties are now all switched out in 5 minutes or less.

4 Likes

I kept wondering if I had something to put in there. I have no knitting needle, but that sounds like a good idea for purchasing one. Do you use the bendable needle?

1 Like

No, just a regular one. I kind of do with it what you would do if you were hanging a curtain on a rod.

1 Like

When i can’t get it through i try wiggling a bit etc , if that does not work i try taking it out and putting through the opening on the other side. It is tedious sometimes.