Compare Kate’s toes

Olive didn’t have it on the bottom of her head where it will show…it’s not on any of the actual heads…where the hair line would be.

I know, I am just saying a lot do.

It is a way to tell what the kit is without taking a completed reborn apart

1 Like

Not sure if I should leave her bald or what lol…Won’t the paint settle in there?

I love painting hair :slight_smile:

I do prisma penciled hair so I can control it a little…

When i do my washes though I use a dry brush and pounce it so it doesnt build up

1 Like

That’s a good idea with the pencils. I was going to keep her on the light side with hair and complexion. Can you suggest pencils that are nice blondes and don’t bake up orange :slight_smile:

Oh my, that baby sounds like one that I would love. lol!!! Claw hand - interesting. :thinking:

1 Like

:heart_eyes::rofl:

She has noticeable imperfections and she wasn’t a seconds kit. I noticed it while putting on her first paint.

I ordered kate, and couldnt get over her hands and feet! Lol, ended up using her for technique testing. I couldn’t make myself reborn her, because if I was that put off by her broken looking toes and her claws, I could only imagine someones reaction that payed for a completed doll. I saw so many cute pictures of her chunky self and thought she was cute, but I never would have ordered her had I realized her toes were so odd and her hands so unnaturally posed. Not bashing anyone that loves her, I just couldnt believe I hadn’t seen anyone mentuon it before! Because I know I can’t be the only one that refused to use her limbs.

I’m fed up with this kit all ready lol I’m going to reborn her leave her bald and sell her for a song. Hopefully someone will love her. She’s a chunky one and her head is so huge. It flops over in the oven lol

I love Kate’s face - I ordered her to do as a portrait baby of my daughter some day lol - not sure I ll use her limbs - I had thought about using Maggie’s body - if the head will fit -can’t wait to see ure s - have fun

this is a side by side of Kate ( prototype)and my daughter at 11days old :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh Tammy!! Your daughter is absolutely Beautiful!! I Love Kate’s face which is why I ordered her. I just finished the second bake…now onto mottling. I Love those steps…they really start looking so babyish lol. I love Kate’s face for your daughter!! :heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thank you ! She is 28 now - she’s still beautiful ( to me anyway lol ) -and yes the babies start to come "alive now " -that’s always the fun stage !!

1 Like

My babies are 28 and 35 lolI can’t believe it. It goes so fast. :two_hearts: I will probably call BB tomorrow as this kit is definitely a seconds kit and I paid for a 50% off reg kit. I wouldn’t mind the flaws if it were seconds. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What kind of “flaws” are you seeing, if you don’t mind me asking?

On each leg there is dark embedded fleck and a bit of a tiny hole between toes. Nothing horrible. But I bought Olive not as a seconds kit and she was perfect

Well darn it anyway, that sucks, do you think you will be able to work around them?? Sometimes these things happen, not every kit is perfect unfortunately. I hope you can make a beautiful baby out of it anyway!!

1 Like

Yes I hope to be able to. I’m hoping the 3 layers of mottling I do will be what covers them. I just wish they hadn’t sent me a seconds. I’m convinced it is lol.

I will be posting pics of her as I go :slight_smile: