Derwent pencils wip

I feel like Iam ready for varnish eye brows and hair ! Do y’all feel I need to do anything else ? This is a cuddle baby for a lady who wants it to use on her website so she can post her crocheted and knitted stuff … please give me any advise

2 Likes

Warming layer and more blushing?

4 Likes

Warming wash ? That’s a orangish color right

1 Like

I would do more of a brown very light thin you can use blue red yellow

2 Likes

Like a burnt umber ? Do u use equal parts of yellow red and blue

1 Like

I think a warming layer is a burnt umber wash.

3 Likes

I have burnt umber :slight_smile: I will do it real light

2 Likes

A burnt umber wash and more cheek blush. Maybe a tad darker on the lips.

4 Likes

I really wish I would have seen your post before I did it can I do a purple wash now over the burnt umber ? Because the yellow is pounced!!

1 Like

Yes you can do a purple wash over it. Don’t panic, lol. The baby still looks good. All of your layers is just adding dimension to the baby. Wait and see!

3 Likes

Definitely don’t panic. Reborning is way more than just mottle, blush, flesh, crease. It’s some or all of these steps over and over until you are happy with the look. Different colors of washes are good. That’s what builds your skin tone and makes your baby come alive.

7 Likes

could this one use a purple wash too …Iam working on a few different ones while others are drying I already did a light burnt umber

Thank you so much ! So u do blue under tones before flesh coats?

1 Like

I added 90% of your steps !(I had already started it ) to this what do you think so now Iam just gonna leave it alone tomorrow and just look at it . I think it looks so much better thank you !

5 Likes

Great tip @Sony72
That baby is coming along nicely @Granna

2 Likes

People like all of y’all who have posted on my post are who makes this forum so wonderful . Everyone is so willing giving advice to everyone. It’s just a wonderful feeling to no that all I have to do is ask and help comes from everywhere!! If I could just get my best friend @GlGl to post hers to get advise lol

3 Likes

3 Likes

I have been working on all three of these cuddle babies !! Any more advise for them :grinning:

3 Likes

See how much nicer they look now? The real question is if you are happy with them. If it was me, I’d add a flesh layer or two on the last one to tone down the mottling, but other than that good job!

4 Likes

Yes

2 Likes