Edit. Turning this thread into a reborn redo thr

Took off the old paint. Lots of acetone later.

PM me your address and I will get them mailed to you.

Working on this little one so she is home by Christmas.

Can’t wait to see the refinished baby!

Looking sooo much better. :heart_eyes:

Not done but lots of detail work done today.

Looking so much better.

Indoor cell phone pics make her look yellow. But here she is so far. Huge shout out to @pattyabe for donating the eyes! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Wow, that’s a big difference!! Great work!!

What an improvement! She looks fantastic and those eyes are lovely!

Painting done. New eyes. Sealed and ready for assembly and final photos in the morning before she heads back to her mom for Christmas.

Awesome,they will be thrilled with her redone.She looks so much better.

She looks wonderful! You are so kind to do this work for someone out of the kindness of your heart. You are making Christmas extra special for them.

I’m so upset.
I was putting the final layer of varnish on the baby and the leg split in two!! :weary::weary::weary::weary:
I have another 3/4 leg and will be painting it to match this one all day tomorrow to get her done.

I feel so badly that. This happened. I’ve never experienced it before and its not fixable. Its a huge split right down the thigh.

:frowning:
Wonder if it is from stripping it in acetone? Or did you get windsor and newton?

I have never heard anything good about acetone… so I am just assuming.

But then I have had older kits that are split on the flanges… (not realborns though but another BB kit, as well as cracked belly plate for Sansa)

That’s possible.
I do wonder if this was a seconds kit because the vinyl is thin in some spots. I just didn’t notice it on the leg until it was split. I feel awful. :weary::weary::weary:

The rest of her is ok tho. And I still have the paint mix I used on her so I can make it match. But still. Just as I was almost done! :weary::weary::weary:

Oh no! Good thing you had another leg, good luck!

I use seconds kits all the time. They are fine. Even test parts are usually fine. I hate to say it, but my first though was acetone too. I’ve heard over and over that it can weaken the vinyl. :tired_face:

I’ve used it before. And it didn’t happen until the last bake so I don’t think so.

The rest of the doll is complete and I have a leg here that matches the split leg so I will paint it tomorrow. Looked over the rest of the sculpt. No thin spots or areas of concern so I’m back on track as of now

Whew