Full round glass eyes

Hope this is the right place to ask this. I just got my first set of glass eyes. they are full round. I cut the flap off the back of the eye so there is nothing there. I can not for the life if me get these eyes to stay in place. I am using E6000 glue. I’ve held them in place several minutes to try to let the glue set enough to hold them in place. As soon as I let go they come up out of the socket. Can anyone help?

1 Like

I usually only cut the flap 60% open, just enough to get the eye into the socket. You will need to glue a piece of felt over the eye once you have it positioned how you want it to keep it in place. The eye socket flap would have done this if you hadn’t cut it off all the way.

Felt works too.

Laurie

1 Like

Some use moleskin. It is sticky backed and will hold the eye in place until the glue dries. You can buy it anywhere and I also use it in place of plugs.

2 Likes

make sure you have the correct size. If they keep popping out, they might be too large for your doll. I use them and cut the flaps from the back, like you did. I do all my dolls like that. If you put the face down, laying in a bowl, and they start to slid up, they are too big for your kit
try a size smaller, should work fine (they run large, I find) BOL XX

2 Likes

Next time instead of cutting a flap cut an X for full round. Try using a little of the putty stuff they use for BJD doll eyes to hold it in place then glue as usual and top it off with the moleskin. @tippytoes

You cut an X? So do you insert from the front?

No, I inserted it from the inside the head. Of course you have to be careful.
http://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/full-round-eyes-in-half-round-sockets/1079/4?u=anne

Hope that helps

2 Likes

Just bought some eyes and unbeknownst to me they were full round. It seems like they run a size larger. I will try an X i can see where that would help.Thanks for info.

1 Like

I always go down one size when using glass eyes