Hair painters needed

Do u think these pencils will work with air dry paints

I would say yes just a guess though.

1 Like

Is this question for me, Granna? If so, I like a lot of colors, but when doing my dolls, I use WaterBorne air dry paints. Their colors. If I need a different color, then my provider will mix the color I need for me. I am not an artist and I cannot successfully mix paints yet. :slight_smile: But I want to use the pencils for doing hair and possibly the veins. So, I would like the aqua colors. Also, I think I would like the browns, black and whatever else I can learn about to use for the hair. Which ones do you like?

1 Like

I just started using the pencils I’ve used dark chocolate for hair and crimson for my creases I love the crimson creases were a night mare to me. Score I got this pencil

1 Like

That sounds really great! I have trouble with creases, too. I am enrolled in M.G.'s Patreon group. There is so much info on there!

2 Likes

You use pencil and then blend with damp brush !! So easy

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll have to try that and see if it works better for me than what I have been doing. What color(s) do you use for the creases?

Derwent Inktense Pencils from dickblick.com
I dip my pencil in water, wipe it off a little and draw short strokes, sharpen pencil. And repeat as needed. I also have colored on the paint pallet added a drop of water and used a toothpick or thin brush. You really have to experiment to find what works for you.