Heads up on new air dry varnish from MacPhersons AND MATTE POWDER

Can’t wait for the sealer to be matte. The bottle I have is crazy shiny.
I have not tried the varnishes… I need to figure out the directions.
I use soft touch with cornstarch pounced on with a sponge.

I bought duraclear… I used it on the pig for my son… but some spots have already rubbed off. Within a week :confused:

Jenni, did you add several layers of the Duraclear? Izzy had good results with about three layers, I think it was. It sounds like it needs a few extra coats to get the best result. I just purchased some but haven’t tried it yet.

1 Like

Good point. I only did one layer. That may be my issue. Thanks!

1 Like

Let us know how more layers work.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the info – I almost ordered some of the 2 in 1.

I still have not gotten a response on using the new Ultra Matte Varnish over Genesis but I did apply it on one of my test limbs that I had previously used the Artisan Water Mixable Oil Varnish on (which did not cure totally matte for me). It sticks fine to that, is not cracking when I squeezed it today or peeling and is still matte. SO I am thinking this will work over Genesis but someone will just have to try it.

With the release of the new Ultra Matte Varnish, they are also releasing a matting powder. It is similar to the BabyFX matting powder only it has a gray tint to it. I think it is the matting agent that is in the Ultra Matte Varnish because the Ultra Matte Varnish has a slight gray tint. The varnish is being packaged in jars because the instructions say to stir it up before using it. They are also reformating the paint sealer, that you apply after painting, before varnishing, to make it more matte. The paint Sealer is what actually sets your paints to the vinyl and the varnish is an extra layer of protection against scratches and wear. With the combination of both products you should get a nicely matte end result. Also you will have the option of adding more matting powder if you wish with it being sold separately.

1 Like

I show the New Ultra Matte Varnish and Matting Powder in this video

I got this off the RebonFX FB page

Ultra Matte Varnish Has Arrived!
We now have the ReBornFX Ultra Matte Varnish in stock for orders!. This amazing Varnish is very matte and silky feeling once dry. It is available in 1 once and 4 once jars. Here is the link to order.

https://macphersoncrafts.com/en/online-store/rebornfx/rebornfx-air-dry-mediums/rebornfx-ultra-matte-varnish-detail

I apply it with a brush then pounce lightly with a dense cosmetic sponge wedge. It is self leveling so let it sit and dry naturally for a few min. then you can use a cool set hair dryer to fast forward the drying process if needed.
This RebornFX Ultra Matte Air Dry Varnish can also be applied on top of heat set paints as your last finishing coat.

EDITED to fix link

3 Likes

The link says the requested page cannot be found. I wonder if they changed the link.

https://macphersoncrafts.com/en/online-store/rebornfx/rebornfx-air-dry-mediums/rebornfx-ultra-matte-varnish-detail

1 Like

here is the link…I think it was cut off somehow.
And in answer to the question can you use it over Genesis … YES you can and as mentioned with any of our REbornFX Air dry paints heating it will not matter so it is perfect to use with Genesis
You may use the RebornFX paints & mediums over or under Genesis and you may heat it but you cannot mix the two together…just use it in layers.
hope this helps
Shelley will be doing more videos soon and hopefully her blog will be updated soon. We appreciate all the wonderful feed back and testing done from Angie Jones!!!
hUgs Brenda

3 Likes

Looking forward to this product.

I am so sorry, I did not realize I had cut the link off! Just now seeing this. :flushed:
I do love this varnish!

Me to

Just try the new varnish and love it ! Really mat and soft, silky finish. I don’t like the smell, but the result is really great !

2 Likes

How did you apply it? Did you have to use the matting powder with the varnish?? @Leabelle

I don’t use the powder. I apply a thin coat with a soft brush, then pounce gently with a cosmetic sponge.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that with me!!

1 Like

I just got some of the ultra matte varnish in last week and tried it. I am very pleased with it so far. I have had a lot of trouble with shine for the last year and this stuff did the trick!

2 Likes

It is an awesome product!

1 Like