Homemade drying rack

I’ll admit when I first started I didn’t want to put money into this hobby until I knew I’d stick with it. So I made my own drying rack which is essential if you use air dry paints. I decided to share it because either you’ll laugh or decide to make one yourself. I used a box from Walmart from canned cat food (free), my daughter’s craft popsicycle sticks (if you want free, eat ice cream instead!) and some wood glue (white glue or any kind would work) and a knife to cut holes in the box. Plus I couldn’t find a drying rack for the price I wanted to pay and instead I got another seconds kit!
Photo has caleb drying but it also holds bigger kits.

Necessity is the mother of invention. Way to go!!

Cool. I had my neighbor make me one with wood and dowels. I love it.

Thanks for sharing this idea. I’m sure alot of us will be making them this way now. I especially think it’s the way to go if your not sure you will continue with the art. Good thinking.

Thats perfect! My drying rack is a cardboard box with colored pencils stabbed in it

Fantastic, I don’t have a drying rack at the moment, I was thinking of getting hubby to make me one from a block of wood and dowels. I will try the box idea in the meantime.
I still have to keep reminding hubby to make me a doll stand for my custom made Angelica that I have had for over a year. He is a busy man

My husband made me one out of two by four and dowels it came out good but don’t think it well work for my tibby Kit she’s to big so thank you cause now i have something that I’ll try for her

I bought an inexpensive plastic baby-bottle drying rack–works great!

Hubby made me one out of wood too. I tested and tested it without baby parts in the oven. Then with test parts. It has dowels that hold the parts and I pop the whole thing in the oven. When it comes out, I remove the head so it doesn’t mis-shape from the dowel. I love it.

Very creative! I bought an unfinished coat rack (board and peg style). Then I found a mug holder that opens and closes accordion style. It holds 2 kits when opened and stores very nicely when closed. Got both at michaels, each for less than $7.

— Begin quote from “UnknownFemale”

Hubby made me one out of wood too. I tested and tested it without baby parts in the oven. Then with test parts. It has dowels that hold the parts and I pop the whole thing in the oven. When it comes out, I remove the head so it doesn’t mis-shape from the dowel. I love it.

— End quote

I like this!!! Did your husband seal it with anything so it would’nt burn? I am so nervous when i use a cookie sheet with a kitchen towel. I’m scared that one of these days the towel will get too hot and catch on fire.

The towels don’t seem to catch fire until 300 degree i found out the hard.way i use a roaster and whent to heat it up while i finished a layer and apparently i had it at 303° and when i whent to put baby in i lifted lid to find big flames i learned always wear your glasses when setting temperature lol

No, not sealed. When I tested it though, I had it at 300 for 20 min didn’t even brown. And last week when I accidentally set my oven for 365 instead of 265, it didn’t burn then either. A carpenter my hubby knows from work said it would have to bake for hours to make any noticeable change in the wood. I’ve been using it for over a year with no issues.

It reminds me of the one I made out of a shoebox turned upside down and colored pencils stuck in it Then my husband made me a homemade one out of dowels in a 2x6 which works lots better.