I got a Knitting loom set

Thanks for that. I thought about grabbing that one. @LillyBellesBabies good luck! I can’t wait to start trying.

2 Likes

Looks like you are figuring it out. I tried one once and found it too slow for my liking. I have an “incredable sweater knitting machine” that i like quite a bit. Dont think they make them anymore however.

3 Likes

I’m going to buy one as soon as I get to Michigan! I leave on the 22nd, to see my parents. My mom will help me figure it out!!! Yay!!!

7 Likes

I was thinking this would be something that people could work on with the kids or anyone it isn’t hard to do , it is inexpensive and something people could talk and visit as they worked .

3 Likes

I seem to be getting faster on it as I go so I think it might be as BabyCakes said it would be nice to work on while watching television .

5 Likes

@LillyBellesBabies I purchased those and seems like I got some others, too, a long time ago. I never could make anything with them. They just were not for me. Now, I know some people say the use them and make nice things. So, give it a whirl and see where it goes. As you say, if you like it then you can go for the cool one that you can put together in a lot of ways! I have been tempted to try that one, but I just know I wouldn’t use it.

2 Likes

Thanks , yeah I am not one to invest a lot in something at first for me it is always best to start slow and if it is something that turns out to be something i enjoy just build on that .
There seems to be a lot out there on the knitting looms books and video so if anyone wants to delve into it the knitting loom at least isn’t uncharted waters lol .
Once I get a bit faster at it I would like to see how difficult the cable stitch and other traditional stitches would be

1 Like

Update pic now all I need is to figure out when to stop its a little hard to try it on the baby for size with the plastic ring on it :smile:

Think I will watch a baby bootie video several times and try that as my next project should keep me occupied and away from buying things lol.

6 Likes

For the hats I made, I just grabbed a hat that fitted the dolls nicely and measured it.

3 Likes

Hey love the color change, you are almost done !

2 Likes

Thanks that is an idea !

1 Like

Thanks I thought it might be nice with a stripe of color lol .

1 Like

It’s looking great!!! :+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

So finished it earlier and on the whole I think I will keep the loom once the concept is understood it is rather fun to play with
I will have to do a bit of video watching and reading up on some of the methods of stitches done this way instead of with the conventional needles .
And hey inquiring minds want to know lol also I have heard learning new things keeps your brain young wish it helped the rest of the body :smile:
Here is some not so great pictures but you do get an idea of the finished product need to read up on that too at some point .

15 Likes

Cute! You are doing great!

1 Like

Wow!!! Love it!!! Good job!!!

1 Like

Thanks went looking at video’s today found out how you can make things besides hats even attempted some of the stitches still researching lol .

4 Likes

We used to make our own looms out of a wooden spool (that thread came on) and four fine finish nails. We used to loom away for hours, I don’t really remember what we did with the long “things” we made but all the girls used to do this. At home, at school (recess) etc. it was something to pass time I suppose. This loom stuff is just a glorified version of that. Guess we had to make our own entertainment when we were young. Does anyone remember this???

8 Likes

Yes I do! We had a Summer Fun School we would go to every day for two weeks and we did learn how to do that. I don’t remember what we did with them either.

1 Like

Do you have Videos with your loom set, or do you just look on YouTube? By the way, your hat looks very professional to me.

1 Like