I got a Knitting loom set

You can use #4 yarn or a smaller on the small gauge looms above. The knifty knitters you can use the #4 single or doubled or bulkier weights. Basically you can use the #4 on either luckily since it’s the cheapest and most readily available. Just always do test swatches where you cast on a few pegs 10 or so and knit a few inches and then cast off so you can see how it will work up. Then you can decide how to proceed.

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m still confused. I see some nice expensive looms. But I don’t want to go that route until I know if I like this hobby or not. This set consistently gets the best reviews on Amazon. Is it an okay set to get? Also, I have a cedar chest full of mainly red heart super saver yarn, so that’s what I’ll start with.

2 Likes

From an earlier post it said those were ok. you are suppose to stay away from the one I use lol Boye .

2 Likes

It sounds versatile you can use different yarn sizes. It is like using skinnier knitting needles or crochet hook stitches will be smaller and denser. If you use fatter needles and crochet hooks you get looser larger stitches. Did that make sense.

2 Likes

The Kb looms are very good and come in small gauges for finer stitches as well as larger gauges. I started with Boye looms because I wanted to try it RIGHT NOW lol and that was all they had. The lip on the Boye pegs can be worked around by lifting the stitches over on the left side of the peg instead of the front but the Kb looms are easier and faster IMO.

3 Likes

I only have the Boye and like them, not have any issues with it. Maybe it’s because I haven’t try anything else !

3 Likes

Same here only time I had a problem was the first time and I got the yarn wrapped too tight but yeah I might like another kind better but don’t see investing in another as long as the ones I have now are not broken :smile:

3 Likes

These are good looms. I have them they are just a finer gauge. It would be like using smaller knitting needles.

4 Likes

I decided to try my hand at an entire outfit! Here’s Marcus modeling the dress, diaper cover, and bonnet I made. The bonnet turned out too big and the diaper cover is too small, but overall it’s not bad I think! I feel a bit guilty making “him” wear it lol, as I only see boy when I look at him!

16 Likes

Cute! and sooo soft!

2 Likes

How cute!

1 Like

Oh come on now that baby is easy a girl in that sweet outfit lose the quilt lol good job .

2 Likes

I went back down to small from large lol and made yet another toy they are so fun :smile: a duck rattle and it actually rattles .

13 Likes

That is soooo stinking cute, I love it!!!

2 Likes

I thought it was too so I had to make it lol oh well never too many toy’s :smile:

2 Likes

@Nikkiroc I have something for you!! PM me your address and she’s yours. Not my best work but she’s still kinda cute.

13 Likes

I love :heart:️ !!! :heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️!!! :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

New pattern I tried been kind of rattled here lately :wink:

18 Likes

Love!!! Adorable!!!

2 Likes