I got a Knitting loom set

Beautiful!!!

1 Like

So here is a fuzzy wuzzy kitty lol it is for my daughter who saw the one my grandson has and wanted it or one like it .
My grandsons is his manly tom cat so she cannot have it :smile: so I made her this as a surprise at Christmas and I am done with cats now I had to make this one twice the yarn broke as I was getting ready to assemble and the body unraveled GRR .

10 Likes

That is adorable!!!

1 Like

Thanks !

I love it, it’s sooo fluffy :heart:

1 Like

Ooo a fuzzy kitty! I like it. She will be surprised. Did you use that scrubby yarn?

1 Like

Thanks !

:smile: Thanks I used the pipsqueak yarn for it the yarn is very soft I really regretted using it when the yarn broke LOL I had a whole kitty knitted except for tail and had to start all over . .

1 Like

Okay. I want in in this but there is no way I can read the entire thread.

I want to make cute kitties and hats and booties.

So what do I need? Links would be great. I do have Amazon prime so I can order from there if needed.

Any help is much appreciated.

3 Likes

I’d get a loom set, which should come with a hook and needle. And a 12 peg flower loom for socks and booties.

4 Likes

You should get a loom set instructions will come with it and usually you wont get the flower loom with the set which has 12 pegs and it can used for booties and other small things .
YouTube is a great place for learning stitches and videos to show how to make toy;s booties hats any number of things .
The yarn used is usually # 4 worsted yarn because it is usually less expensive and get more yarn I have a Boye brand loom however others do not like this brand and the KB brand and others are recommended .

3 Likes

Darice Carryi Round Knitting on Amazon usually 19.99 on sale for 10.00. Amazon Prime

4 Likes

Thank you everyone! Any recommendations on the 12 peg ones? Any favorites out there or are they pretty much the same?

3 Likes

I’m not sure what brand it is, but I got mine at Walmart. It’s the same brand as my other looms. Let me find a link
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/love-knitting-round-knitting-loom-set/6000196737647

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/love-knitting-flower-loom/6000196737553

4 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure if I would like it when I first started so I had no plans on investing more than I had to LOL so I went with the least expensive even though I had some discouraging remarks about the brand I got .
But as it turned out I really enjoy doing it and my Boye is fine as far as I am concerned and it was easily found at Walmart .

4 Likes

Does anyone have any idea what size loom I would use for premie booties. The 12 peg loom is way to big. I could fit both of little taites legs in one bootie that I made off the 12 peg loom.

3 Likes

I have never tried making preemie size you might be able to get one of the mini rectangular looms and get it done that way .
You can also buy adjustable looms however I have never tried those , my mini loom if I wanted to make a smaller size I would just use half or less of the pegs .

2 Likes

Dont you have to go all the way around the loom to make a bootie. I did not find any other way to make it other than going all the way around the koom

3 Likes

I will put a pic on here just as soon as it comes up easier to show then tell LOL

1 Like