I got a Knitting loom set

This is the set I have but I also ordered the 12 peg one to make booties. The set you have there will make preemie hats with the smallest and newborn with the second to smallest. This is what I have found anyway. :blush:

I know what you mean. I have to be very conscious of how tight Iā€™m holding it. I think Iā€™m starting to get the hang of it but in every project Iā€™ve done so far, I have found myself wanting to do it too tight at some point.

2 Likes

TY Kate!! If I get the hang of this I will get the 12 peg. :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

You are welcome. Iā€™m still new this also but Iā€™m having lots of fun creating stuff. :blush:

2 Likes

Peekaboo its my third quad Punkin she has her new dress it is a loom knit and crochet creation still trying to decide what foot and head gear I want .

9 Likes

Cute!!! What about a little headband?

1 Like

I went to my gfā€™s house this afternoon. She was having a crafting get together after our church womensā€™s meeting. I went over with my looms. Oh my wordā€¦it takes forever. I think Iā€™d rather be rooting LOL

2 Likes

Thanks ! I donā€™t know yet but if I can pull it off there is a hat pattern I want to try and if that fails it probably will be a headband LOL .Thanks for the suggestion .

1 Like

Once you get into it you will get faster donā€™t give up yet :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m trying not to give up, but I could go to the store and buy a bonnet faster or be doing my babies hair lOLā€¦ok ok I will try again :slight_smile: I have like 6 rows done. :scream: How many rows does it take for a little hat lol

4 Likes

You could go buy one but you wouldnā€™t have the satisfaction of knowing you created it isnā€™t that what crafting is all about ? :smile:

1 Like

That is why I have not bought a loom. I figure I would end up with no time to paintā€¦ or maybe only loom at night? lol

I did however buy a circular knit machine from Micheals for half off and still getting the hang of thatā€¦ but it is one sizeā€¦ sorta 6 year old head sizeā€¦ unless you gather both ends and make a ā€œreversibleā€ hat without adding length then it seems to fit a baby sizeā€¦ and I am still trying what yarn works best and have seen bad reviews about this machine but I paid like $30 so whatever :wink:
I have made 3 items and yesterdayā€™s try had dropped stitches so made me irritated. I have been trying it out before my 5 and 4 yr old wake up in the mornings.
If I can find the right yarn that works best I have some cute ideas I want to try to make

4 Likes

Yes I am the one that used the 8 peg loom for a premie. They fit snug. I used regular yarn. But if you used the stretchy yarn I bet they would be a perfect fit

2 Likes

Cute hat and booties @Kate
Another pretty dress @LillyBellesBabies

@Vanniek you get faster the more you Loom

I think Iā€™ll stick with hats, booties and dolls. Everything else is too frustrating, lol! It is addicting though!

3 Likes

Thanks ! @AnnieSokay the more you do the more you will branch out into other things because you are getting much faster and better as you go so you will get more adventurous :wink:

1 Like

Thank you @AnnieSokay! For now Iā€™m sticking with items for my reborns. I would like to make some cute little legwarmers soon.

1 Like

So I have Punkinā€™s bonnet finished I think she looks kind of like a little blossom LOL I have added the video after this reply that I loosely followed to make it .
Front .

Side .

9 Likes

Video for bonnet I followed for the previous pictures of Punkin the trim was tedious to do not difficult just tedious .
I will probably use the pattern again however I think I might go with a larger loom I used the 24 peg it fits however it is snug also I didnā€™t care for the cast off used when finished so I will probably change that too .

3 Likes

The whole outfit is precious!

1 Like

Do you do this in your sleep? You seem to be a pro at this lol I can barely get 10 rows on the smallest loom :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like