In a mood

Im in one of them moods where I just want to give up reborning out of frustration. I use a 40 g needle and micro root one hair at a time one a hot head at an angle and it still looks rooted. How do those people get these beautiful heads of hair that look like its growing out of the scalp??? Is it all in the pictures or am I just doing something wrong? I’m not a fan of rooting and it’s getting discouraging

I know the feeling. I think all of us as gotten frustrated at one time or another while reborning babies. Don’t give up. Keep trying and in time you will see a difference. Rooting takes tons of practice.

I use the 43 g or 46g needles. Heat the head up and hope for the best.

Don’t give up it will come in time… and it’s not just all in the pictures–they had to start somewhere also ;0)

dont give up, I felt the same way, i have rooted 8 heads, they all looked like they were rooted by the president of hair plugs for babies. finally this last one something just clicked, it has taken me 3 days so far and still have a ways to go but I’m much happier with this one. I even got a little swirl thing going on. woohoo. YOU CAN DO IT.

Try this tut:

http://www.preciouslittlebabydust.com/rootingtut.html
I’m just doing Sophia Madelina head and for the first time rooting with a very fine mohair. It’s not easy trying to root only one hair at a time, but it’s managable if you pull some hairs out. Just be very patient

— Begin quote from “Friki”

Try this tut:

http://www.preciouslittlebabydust.com/rootingtut.html
I’m just doing Sophia Madelina head and for the first time rooting with a very fine mohair. It’s not easy trying to root only one hair at a time, but it’s managable if you pull some hairs out. Just be very patient

— End quote

Thanks for the tutorial!! Maybe I’m trying to hard because if you look at the third picture down in the tut that’s what I’m talking about…you can see the little holes. I’ve figured out the micro rooting but the holes make me crazy!! I’m putting in 5 hours a day on this head and I seem to be getting nowhere I guess it’s actually not that bad. I’m hoping to put this baby in the pageant ( if it’s rooted by then ) so I can’t post pics yet

O, remember that a lot of the holes will actually be covered by hair. I thought you were
doing a good job with the babies you have shared so far. If you are rooting one hair at a time, I think it will be just fine.

Didn’t someone say that you could heat the head and close the holes up some? I’ve never tried a baby in the oven so I don’t remember who recommended it or when or where I read it.

Noone is going to seperate the hair and look for the tiny holes under a microscope Hun. Use a 42 or better g needle and then when you are done make a nice mixture of conditioner and water (mix with your fingers, and if your fingers feel slimy it’s good), and wet the hair with your fingers so the hair is well saturated with the mix (I even take some conditioner clumps and smooth it on). Then stick the head in the oven for 6 min at 270.

The conditioner will protect the hair and the heat soaks it into the hair. It will come out with the hair super super smooth too and the holes smaller.

Thanks everyone! I will definitely try the conditioner, that’s a great tip…like I said I was in a mood today. I think it’s cabin fever and my endless days of rooting