Keeper reborns

Her legs look like drumsticks. I never noticed until I looked her up now. Wow! Good choice for replacement limbs!

2 Likes

Not a collector just an art supply hoarder.

I started just making one for a friend and then made a couple more, called it a business to justify the money I was spending. I love them, I have favorites that I really enjoyed before they were adopted, but I am surrounded by these babies all day I get the best of both worlds.

I do have a couple kits I love that I have not painted yet that I am saving for a slow time when I can just spend a whole week on one baby: Americus, Evangeline, Nina.

If I were looking for a dream Reborn to keep, she would have to be super realistic, have big kissy lips, medium skin tone, mottled, dark blond hair rooted (not too much). I think I would vote sleeper, it is calming to have a sleeping baby but one that never sleeps is creepy. I would pick a baby under 19 inches. A girl…(they are more fun to shop for)

3 Likes

I am a sufferer of this affliction as well.

You would not believe the art supplies that I heard. I work out of a bedroom and it’s totally full, closet and all, of everything from reborning supplies and doll clothes, to yarn, material, canvases, all kinds of pencils, mediums, paints, silicone paints, silicone, sculpting supplies. It is quite ridiculous.

3 Likes

Lol, I think the sleeping ones that never wake up are a little creepy. But if they are closed eyes while crying I feel better. :grin:

3 Likes

I’m scared of some of the babies that never sleep. I think I’d freak out eventually! Besides realborns, which sculpts do you find are the most realistic?

1 Like

There’s a creepy factor to both kinds. Awake babies are more playful and interactive but creepy af in the dark. Imagine looking over to see a baby smiling at you in the dark. No face movement but smiling and looking at you. The sleepers look very realistic and they’re cuddly. But so boring and if you take them out, people eventually think you’re walking around with a dead baby or nuts.

5 Likes

My partner picks out our babies most of the time :sweat_smile: I’ve picked one myself, a past forum user made her and I fell in love. She’s the one in pink. The others are also keepers!

4 Likes

Awww! I’m in love with your chubby baby at the end. That’s one of my fave kinds of sculpt!

1 Like

Thank you!! He’s the Kai kit, and he is a BIG boy, so cute and stocky. He’s not terribly longer than the other babies who wear newborn, but he wears mostly 6 months because he’s so chubby!!

1 Like

My real job is freelance artist, so I buy supplies for the project, most of them I bill for, then when the project is over I say “well you never know when you might need that again…” and I find cute ways to store it. I am an organized hoarder, I keep telling myself “if it’s tidy it isn’t hoarding” so wrong. I swear I have thinned out and donated dozens of times but when I go to sleep at night it has babies.

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

good night, I like the curled up babies the most- Levi, Kiara, Trouble and Rosalie. I haven’t painted any of them, im not good at all so I just have them blank for “some day” I did crochet them each a blanket and they sleep on a shelf in my closet chuckle but I LOVE that curled up baby thing!