Let’s Show our Work, or WIP! Part 2

Thank you so much!!:heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Here’s Miss Unicorn with her correct eyes a little crossed (which I think is so cutie) and a buncha glue drying. :0) :unicorn::unicorn:

13 Likes

@Ruth @anon81835189 I want to be accepted to your Rooting Phobia Club also. As far as I was comfortable to do it it was Tinky’s sprout hair. I was planning to do Twinkle como hir and I ended up with just painted. Maybe I should still try it since he is not assembled yet and his had is very small, but what if I will mess up…:scream:
Ruth, are you doing rooted eyelashes on the opened eye kit? I think the placement of those is hard as I saw so many babies with the wrong placed eyelashes which just look weird.

2 Likes

@PutABonnetOnIt She is looking great!

1 Like

@Ruth LOL May be why it does not look right? And I don’t think rooting babies look better. Some babies has such bad hair that I wish they would not have it at all.

1 Like

This is true @YelenaRey I see some very beautiful painted and prisma hair too. Yours are always beautiful @YelenaRey! I just long to be able to root beautiful hair like so many ladies on this forum do.

1 Like

@YelenaRey, I have not yet tried to root lashes on the open eye babies, I have just rooted two closed eye babies so far. They came out okay but not as good as I would have liked.

1 Like

@Ruth You are just too kind to me. I don’t think that my painted hair is beautiful, but thank you anyway. As long as I am learning and progressing, I am ok with my painted hair… :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Aww thank you!! :heart_eyes_cat::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Are you doing the primary method? The colour looks great so far!

@anon81835189 can’t wait to see your rooting progress. I have painted hair phobia :wink:

2 Likes

Her is my AA Sadie I just completed over the weekend. I have to figure out how to do a real photo shoot like you ladies do so nicely. But here are a couple quick photos of her.

15 Likes

Thank you for the advice @anon81835189. I am gonna try to take some good pics of these two babies to post.

1 Like

Thank you :heart:️ No I started with @specialmoments technique but since I didn’t have all the right colors I sorta have went a bit on my own. I think I have her the shade I like. A really dark caramel. I am nervous about applying varnish, I don’t want any whitish splotches or anything to ruin her.

2 Likes

Im beat up today but I managed to get my Tobiah born…borned? no…birthed…whatever :wink: . I don’t have my lights out or the strength to do a photo shoot today but Im hoping to do that tomorrow. I took a few preliminary shots in natural light. I can’t wait to take cute belly shots with her tummy plate on. I have some cute clothes for her…I also bought some of those unicorn headbands that @DollyPardon makes for her babies…I found that it was cheaper for me just to buy them. I also thought about doing a little pony tail on top of her head.
Her eyes drove me crazy, I tried all the glass eyes I have and none of them would sit right so I finally just had to use the polyglass Eyeco eyes…they look pretty good though. I think its the same colour as @Katinafleming used on hers…Chuck Hazel.

25 Likes

The one I made, I took a cake topper off of a cake and added little flowers. That’s about as cheap as it gets. Lol What did you buy?

Adorable baby. :blush:

1 Like

The whole thing already made…it was 13 euro for 5 of them…and thank you :blush:

Have you check Aliexpress? When I don’t make them, I get them really cheap from here.

1 Like

Yes, I have…Ill have a look on there. Cheaper is better :wink:

2 Likes

I’m rooting Dominic Ross and I swear it is taking forever :persevere:

15 Likes