Let’s Show our Work, or WIP! Part 2

I haven’t started rooting my Tutti yet… she needs varnished first… then rooting… Before July. :frowning: I hate rooting.
Rooting Chase with alpaca right now and having a heck of a time… hope Tutti and Tink behave better with mohair.

2 Likes

I love the dark eyes, and those creases look very nice and natural!

She’s so cute, love her coloring.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

Eyebrows are my least favourite thing to do!

2 Likes

@ShawnP If you didn’t bake the head yet I would lay eyebrows a little bit more and in longer strokes.

13 Likes

I hate alpaca, its too fine. I only use adult mohair now. I still have some yearling that I will use but I won’t buy anymore. I love the fine adult from the Quirky Chromatist and the hair Im using on my Tutti is from my favourite Etsy shop. I used alpaca on my newborn Joseph and it looks like baby fuzz but it was a pain to root and he’s still sitting for sale. I am going to put him in some different clothes and take more pictures of him. I also rooted more hair on my Levi because a couple people told me I should bring the hairline down on him.
At least Tink is smaller :wink:

3 Likes

Awwn thank you.

I dug out some kits that I had been avoiding painting. Lol. Reese will be a cuddle baby because I didnt want to fight with his limbs anymore and I think Aurel would have made a better Grinch baby. Either way, Im happy I persisted and finally getting them done.

17 Likes

@Kate They both look great! Reese’s skin tone is beautiful, and Aurel is painted perfectly with that face only a mother could love. He’s super sweet!

1 Like

Thank you! That is very sweet of you. I have put off painting these 2 for years because they were a struggle.

@ShawnP I agree - much better! Good job! Eyebrows are hard!

3 Likes

Much better!!

1 Like

first pics ready made Julia by Jannie de Lange freckle face!!!(now sold)

19 Likes

Still working on Eloisa. I want her to look more mottled and preemie, but it just seems to be making her darker skinned :frowning:

20 Likes

@Mommarobin Just a suggestion: what is you will use ‘blood’ mottling and then Q. Crimson wash on her?

Okay, I’ll try that.
I was gonna do darker purple wash, but I dunno

I think you should!

1 Like

Those are nice what color hair are you using.

I so love her with her thumb in her mouth. Just too cute. She’s looking good.

2 Likes