Let’s Show our Work, or WIP! Part 2

I just want to play with all the hair! She’s precious.

They still look pretty good to me! But I know what you mean. I just finished newborn June and I’m not too jazzed about her. I paint like the swedish chef from the Muppet. Lol. I really need to learn to reign it in. Less is more.
Thank you for posting your “mess up.” It’s nice to know that even after all your years of experience, you still make mistakes. It encourages the newer people to persevere :heart:

2 Likes

Porch painting sounds so relaxing. I’ve not tried green mottling. Hmmm…something to try on my next victim- uh I mean doll :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh my goodness do I ever!!! Lol I usually just roll with it-turn it into a scratch or a birthmark ect- that’s the nice thing about a handmade piece of art- humans aren’t perfect- so nothing we make will be absolutely perfect- there’s always slight imperfections and things that could improve. It’s like when I paint on canvas- eventually you just have to call it done! It’s a forgiving medium- but these overly red lips on these two- ahhh! I had to fix it;)

1 Like

What a handsome little chunker!

1 Like

It’s a mess right now but I am envisioning a work bench right here and baby can watch me! I’m going to try and get it set up this weekend!

12 Likes

@RebornsbyCaro I have to warn you that from my very limited experience my green mottling always turned into annoying yellow spots. I’ve decided never use it again. But that is just me. Seems like many people successfully using them. I mix paints myself, so mabe premixed green is safer? Please share with me how it will turn out for you.

2 Likes

@Aly Looks nice! Just don’t varnish there :rofl:

Oh I defintely have issues with being too heavy handed when I paint so maybe I should wait till I’ve have a bit more practice. Thanks so much for the heads up!

1 Like

It’s Eloisa

I’m working on these twins. Twin A has such a weird mouth. It’s hard to get the lips to match :confused:

19 Likes

I love the natural, soft painting style! These two are on my bucket list of kits I’d like to paint though I don’t care for Twin A’s mouth.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m not a fan of the mouth either. You can’t see in this pic but the vinyl inside isn’t smooth. It’s really difficult to keep all the little pocks and creases clean in there. She looks like she could use a good periodontist :laughing:

3 Likes

Hmmm. Maybe I’ll just stick to Twin B. Lol

1 Like

I tried- definitely an improvement- I’m thinking I need to call them done- and give them some peach fuzz, skin texture, and hair:)

24 Likes

Is that Luise? She’s on my want list. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes- it’s her- I am NOT happy with these two- I’m having a rough start to my week- I watched a video a while back and this lady always starts with two layers of flesh tone- so I tried it - should have stuck with my own magic recipe instead. I feel like these dolls look chalky- just different than my regular skin tones. Maybe I just need fresh eyes tomorrow.

1 Like

Wow, they look so realistic! I personally think they are absolutely perfect!

2 Likes

They are adorable! Don’t strip them :heart_eyes:

1 Like

They look awesome!

1 Like