Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

WOW! Awesome match!

1 Like

I love Marita’s sculpts and I saw this one in clay when I met her for lunch…it is HUGE! Happy rooting!

2 Likes

She’ll have painted hair. My fingers would never hold up to rooting her head. :smile: she’s almost as big as Evelyn Brace. She looks like she will be cuddly when she is complete.

3 Likes

So it is finished I say it because I don’t yet know what to call it lol that’s also why it is wearing a blanket :smile:

22 Likes

Thank you I don’t like the kit either the price was just so enticing and I have been on the wagon for a while so when I found her in specials for 25.18 I believe I bit lol .

2 Likes

Working on his outfits.

23 Likes

Using some pastels on the creases, then I need to knock out some of the orange. It’s taking me so long & I just want to root! :joy:

Left is before pastel, right is after:

Top is without pastel, bottom is with:

25 Likes

Really nice ! Is it hard to work with pastel ?

2 Likes

Beautiful babies!!

I’m working on Zuri. I’m tryin to decide if she needs something before I start rooting or painting her hair. What is she missing? These are iPhone pics so not the best. Critiques welcome.

20 Likes

Don’t know if it’s just the pics or my computer but she looks a little pale, but otherwise she’s really cute!

1 Like

The bottom pic has too much light but I think I will add a wash or two maybe. Thank you.

I’ve had so much trouble with my own babies recently, knowing what they need. Yours is super cute, I’ve never paid any attention to this sculpt before but I really like yours

1 Like

I actually find it a lot easier than trying to blend painted crease colors smoothly. I just use them for creases, shading, and sometimes a little blushing. I like the Rembrandt brand. Artist quality, but not overly intense.

It can get a bit funky when applying the varnish if there’s too much pastel though, so it’s best to keep the pastel application really light & work it into the vinyl as much as possible.

1 Like

Thank you. :blush:

1 Like

That will be a try, I don’t know if it work with air dry, why not ! I like the smooth result.

1 Like

Giving this girl some hair. She still need blushing but I just wanted to get started with her hair.

24 Likes

Little for sloth is complete.

34 Likes

Meet Bug this is the second Ladybug sculpt I have done planning on a boy this time .

22 Likes

24 Likes