Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

Hahah, not my quinlynn thank goodness. Sigh, but still a few kits that were not cheap. I have been beyond frustrated, part of the reason I have been so quiet.

1 Like

Anything we can help with, @Estelle85?

Laila complete. :grin:

26 Likes

I have no idea. In a slump!!! Babies I paint donā€™t look like mine and then I strip!!!

2 Likes

Must be something in the air. I stripped the head on this one twice! And I donā€™t strip. Havenā€™t had to except once in the past year, and that was because the paint wouldnā€™t stick. Hope you get your flow back.

I had that happen with more than one baby and it really frustrated me. So I read up try to put varnish and it came out blotchy even with thin layers on the varnish. Then had to and it was harder. I even thought maybe I could use the AR varnish that came with the Bonnie Brown kit that was that gave me a fit, but it was coming out blotchy again so I donā€™t know what the deal is. They gave me such bad anxiety, I feel like Iā€™ve never painted a kid before my life. At one point in time the paint was even bubbling up like oil and water on top of the kit. I also tried all different ways such as not washing, washing with dish soap baking soda OxiClean, boiling water, just ready to throw in the towel. Here I thought I was finally finding my place with painting and now Iā€™m lost. I hope we both have better luck.

1 Like

I think Iā€™m going to have to make me another one I like her and the darker skin tone. Sheā€™s absolutely adorable.

1 Like

What a cutie :heart:

beautiful!

1 Like

All bundled up, wishing it was summer!

17 Likes

Me and her both, @ellakabella. Hahaa Shes cute.

I vote for spring summer is too hot

I love her! Great job!!

1 Like

Hopefully someone else does too, @Mommy2six! I listed her on reborns and so far someone wanted me to strip her and send them the dress. :rofl:

1 Like

Ack! Some people! She will sell, she is adorable, I love the colors on her hands and feet.

1 Like

Iā€™m in a slump myself. I have started a few and not liked them so just put them aside to strip. :pensive: Then 1 of my ovens burnt out :scream:

1 Like

You too, @specialmoments??? What in the world is going on here?

Anyone have any brilliant ideas as to how to get out of this?

1 Like

I donā€™t know, but Iā€™m not a crier and this really was hurting my feelings. Really hurt them. I questioned ever painting. Then wait for itā€¦ I dropped a 40 dollar bottle of winor newton stripper on my wood laminate floors and really thought they were a gonner. After that I was sooooo hot. I was like, Iā€™m done. @specialmoments and @DollyPardon

2 Likes

That would have sent me over the edge! Hope your floors werenā€™t damaged, @Estelle85. :slightly_frowning_face:

After I finish up whatā€™s on my table, Iā€™m going to take a mini break and do some spring cleaning. I will eventually go into painting withdrawals and get back to it.

2 Likes

My nerves were so shot I had to stop. Wiped the floors down and was like, Iā€™m going to go clean my house.

1 Like