Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

If you pull a few hairs out of the clump first any needle will be less pluggy than if you just root the ends

1 Like

Forked are pretty good, but my red head a few pics up was done with a single barb 42

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out the best way to paint the plastic. I’m trying acrylic and Daler Rowney watercolor. Gotta paint before rooting. AND while it’s attached to the vinyl. Idearrrsss??

5 Likes

It was so cool! Last night I banged it on the counter, hit it with the handle of a butter knife AND may have bitten it. It didn’t move! And it’s not glued on there. It just adhered to the vinyl. It’s so hard and awesome.

5 Likes

Do you happen to have Reborn FX you could try? It would be awesome if a reborning paint would adhere to it!

1 Like

Nope I don’t. :confused: I may try spray paint on just the plastic, somehow. I’m just scared cuz I’ll hafta do it after everything else is finished. How can I protect everything but those ears?? Hmmmmm

1 Like

Sharpie worked on this test nail, but I don’t know how lasting that would be… also I need to get rid of fingerprints.

2 Likes

Syran wrap? lol

1 Like

Oh I think I read that somewhere. I must try! :heartpulse::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

ya casi lista!!

31 Likes

Finished rooting Tink. “She” is rooted by me. Gender help please undecided!!

33 Likes

I think girl…and she is gorgeous!

What kind of hair did you use?

Precious!

1 Like

Thank you. Hair is from Angela’s Premium Mohair.

1 Like

Do you mind if I ask what type? Kid or yearling? Or? I. Still trying to figure out the best mohair to get. You did a beautiful job rooting your hair, looks so real!

This I believe this was Yearling. Thank you!

The hands and feet have been my least favorite part of this whole process. They wouldn’t take paint the way I wanted them to, and were just a pain in general. I sort of gave up on trying to make them presentable today and went right in with trying to do the nails. I was a little too cautious with the nail bed color I think, but whatever - I’m so done lol.
After this I think I just need to seal, gloss the lips/nails, and then attempt eyelash rooting! ( ignore the hairy toe :open_mouth: )

11 Likes

Sweet beautiful girl :heart_eyes:!!

1 Like

Beautiful girl

1 Like

I got spoiled painting Landon- he was so easy to paint. Laila is the second Realborn I have painted and I am having such a hard time with her. I really do not know why, but I took a few pictures and stopped for the day. Maybe tomorrow she will come to life for me.

23 Likes