Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

Wow…he looks so lifelike, beautiful job! Cant wait to see him his with hair :slight_smile:

1 Like

More progress rooting Sugar’s hair.

35 Likes

Hair looks amazing!

What kind of needle are you using?

1 Like

Great job Amanda!

Jacqueline gave us all green, pink, and black. Most everyone in the class was using the pink, but I choose to use the green one because it’s a little thicker and I am really rough when doing things, I press really hard when I write. I would have broken the pink one in about two minutes. I am able to root only one hair with it and I don’t feel like it is leaving a big hole. It is 40g with three barbs. Previously I had been using the 42 g cut needles with the handle from BB, but I just found that there was too much flex for me in the longer shaft of these uncut needles for how much pressure I put on it, it was just bending in my grip.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m getting excited to finish. I’m going to be pulling some really late nights because once I get started I don’t want to quit.

2 Likes

Your rooting is perfect, fun to see your progress and mapping! Thank you so much you just answered so many questions I have had on purchasing needles!

1 Like

Finished this little peanut, he’s my first adventure with combo hair, or painted hair in general. I only really painted the hairline and front, then outlined his swirl etc.

22 Likes

What did you draw your pattern with? Does it erase?

1 Like

What kit is he? He’s gorgeous!! I really like his hair.

He’s the Denver Rose kit by Marita Winters :slight_smile: Thanks

1 Like

It is a fabric marker I think. Jacky Kramer provides them for her class.

I have only had 1 that was a pain to erase it on… and it was Reborn FX air dry.
I had stopped using it and switched to mapping with prisma… well that stuck too so…
Now I kinda use dashes with the blue marker and do not make long lines or connect corners, etc. Then if it doesnt completely erase it can be a vein :wink:

5 Likes

Looking really good Amanda!! You have got a lot accomplished. I can’t wait to see what you do with the front.

It is a regular water erase fabric marker. It is so easily erased that the moisture from my hand while rooting keeps erasing my lines and I have to keep going over them quite often. I have also used a prisma pencil in a shade similar to what I am rooting with and did not bake it. I found that stayed on better than the fabric marker and faded while I was rooting to the point where I didn’t need to do anything to remove it when I was done. It was faded enough and similar enough in colour that you could not see it once the hair was finished and since it was not baked it would continue to disappear just with regular hair care afterwards.

4 Likes

I can’t wait either. The front is always the part I had the most trouble with so hopefully I can get it to look natural.

1 Like

That sounds like how they usually work for me as well. But that one time was so bad I am very careful now :wink:

1 Like

Stripped my first doll and repainted. I am liking her better this time. All she likes is hair brows and lashes unless y’all see anything I need to add.

13 Likes

Is that Juliana by Ping Lau?

Tori. :slight_smile:

Very cute!! Did you use air dry pr GHSP?

1 Like