Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

Oh my I want ALL of them lol, your babies are amazing! You are so talented

1 Like

Thank you! I love them all too!! My house is getting a bit crowded–I might have crossed into crazy doll lady zone!

3 Likes

Still practicing eyebrows. I plan on adding lashes and hair later.

16 Likes

I was looking at your pictures thing “wow, she’s been busy”…just what you said :wink:
They are all beautiful and I especially love the first picture. I have that same basket that you have the Ashley’s in.

1 Like

May I ask what you use as your background? Is that a blanket?
It looks really nice and brings out all the colours in your babies.

2 Likes

Thanks @danidolly I will try that.
All of your babies look so good. You do a great job.

2 Likes

Thank you @PutABonnetOnIt. I get to this point everytime it seems like and then I usually end up with to much red. I never know when it is time to stop

2 Likes

Yup-I brought the dolls outside on my deck and used a fuzzy brownish-black blanket for a backdrop. Works best for me. I only have my iPhone 5 camera to take pictures.

4 Likes

I use my phone as well…I needed a new phone and a camera so I got a Huawei P20 Pro because it has the best camera…so far Im pretty happy with it but I need to find a black blanket :wink:

1 Like

Doesn’t have to be a blanket. Now is the time of the year to find black fabric @ Joannes & Hobby Lobby in the Halloween section.

3 Likes

21 Likes

Just waiting on the glue to dry for my Ashley Awake. She didn’t turn out the way I wanted. She gave me fits the whole time lol! And she had a hole in her lip that didn’t show up until several layers in, and it started catching paint. Had to turn it into a scratch.

26 Likes

Love how you did her hair!

3 Likes

Adorable!

You have been busy. Your hair is looking great. Have you tried any painted hair since you got home?

She is beautiful even with the scratch. I seem to be getting a lot of BB babies with little holes in the vinyl that show up only after you start painting. There is a slit in one of my Zuri’s leg that Ill have to turn into a scratch. I also love her hair…is that painted?

2 Likes

Thanks! I painted 4 layers of hair in 4 different shades of brown, but couldn’t see the color variations that I wanted, so I added several layers of prisma in 3 shades of brown and a few highlights in black.

2 Likes

:kissing_heart::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I’m in love with them all.

It really looks good…I couldn’t tell if it was applied or painted.

1 Like

Finished Ashley Awake. She’s a little more dolly looking than I wanted, but she’s cute in her own way lol. Here are a few quick phone pics.

20 Likes