Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

No problem :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you for sharing, hopefully I will get brave enough to try it out oneday.

I love this sculpt.

34 Likes

@DollyPardon Wow how did you achieve this skin tone . Stunning :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks @Shosho. I have no idea. Lol Sorry. I never paint the same way twice. Wish I could get it down so I can replicate skin tones, but I haven’t yet.

All I remember is starting off with a couple of flesh tones that I mixed myself, mottling, then washes, followed by selective washes. Last few were pinkinsh purplish color.

Wish I could be of more help.

2 Likes

You sound like me , I just play around every time I paint I never remember what I have done the previous doll. My mum always asks me why wouldn’t I write down the colours used as I go along. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I tried that too, @Shosho but forget as I go along and still don’t have complete recipe. :joy: I’m absent minded, plus you know, kids. My youngest one needs me all the time.

4 Likes

Whatever you did came out perfect , she has such a realistic skin tone .

Is she for sale?

Laurie

:slight_smile: Adorable @DollyPardon
https://www.reborns.com/item/63842/1

2 Likes

@jlesser to the rescue. :joy: Thank you for always being so helpful.

I’m about to post version number 2 in a minute here. :blush:

2 Likes

Sweet! Cant wait to see!

Well… darn. Noticed a few things like a spot between the toes, couple of creases not up to par. Here she is anyway. Going to list at a discount. :relieved: I think I need new glasses. Can not believe I didn’t see this earlier…:pensive:

22 Likes

She is perfection otherwise!

1 Like

She’s so lifelike! Beautiful job!

1 Like

She is beautiful! She looks perfect to me!

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:love this sculpt and love your versions!!

1 Like

@DollyPardon what size is the kit wearing? Preemie? or small newborn?

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

@jlesser she actually can fit bigger preemie and small newborn. That bunny dress is carters newborn and is baggy, but I didn’t mind. My babies were little so this is what they looked like in their clothes at first.

3 Likes

Hair is rooted, just needs trimming. This is usually where I mess up :frowning:

21 Likes

Mine swam in newborn! LOL

Little 5-6 pounders that were 18 or 18.5 and 19 inches LOL

3 Likes