Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

They look so snuggly!

4th baby??? AWESOME. I love the mottling and hair! So adorable!

Thank you so much! :hugs:

Thank you! I took the baby out to the grocery store for “marketing” (I’m selling the baby on EBay) and I got a huge crowd around me when a lady asked me how old he is And I told her is not a real baby :laughing:

3 Likes

finished now onto finishing aria

14 Likes

They are. :0) not that I got to snuggle them much. I had to get them in the mail. They were delivered yesterday and their family adores them.

1 Like

Have you tried rooting with shorter hair? I cut mine into thirds before I root most the time. Then you dont waste much or have to cut much off.

3 Likes

My first April. (pic before matting)

38 Likes

I’ve never thought about it if I’m honest haha x

1 Like

Using hair cut to the length you want it or close to the length you want it means you don’t always end up cutting it. Sometimes you only end up trimming it or doing nothing depending on how it looks on the baby. It contours to their head better and looks more natural. I usually cut my hair down to around an inch and 3/4s to 2 inches and root with that. Also because you use less hair, you can root more babies with the hair you buy. I finished a set of a and b twins with less than 1/4 ounce of mohair. Good luck!

6 Likes

Thank you for the tips ladies, I’m very new to reborning and he’s the 3rd baby I’ve rooted and the 4th I’ve painted so I’m still learning and am greatful for the tips :blush:

3 Likes

I hate cutting hair !
Angel is nearly done.

21 Likes

my own keeper girls, dressed for the holidays… Peggy and Iris

19 Likes

Secretly working on this sweet little one as a Christmas gift

24 Likes

Such a genuine newborn expression I love it!

1 Like

I really love your Iris, @NancyW. Her sweet face, complexion, her hair. Everything. Was she a planned keeper or did you make her and decide that you couldn’t part with her?

thank you! I made Iris for myself last tear for my birthday and I made Peggy for myself for Christmas, last year. They both were suppose to get twin brothers, but well, you know how that goes (the shoemakers children need shoes) LOL

2 Likes

Absolute gorgeous

Beautiful!
I love the way you did her eyebrows and what a lovely skin tone! I still have two kits left, my first one that I just finished is light skinned (custom redhead) so it would be fun to do one with a darker skin tone.

2 Likes

Work in progress of my Levi using @PutABonnetOnIt fluff

19 Likes