Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

I always love to see what you are working on- so cool!!

1 Like

This looks awesome!

1 Like

Thank you!! :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

Iā€™ve started Megs rooting, I think Iā€™m getting the hang of it, but it takes so long. Iā€™m going for a sparse newborn look. Any tips welcome.

20 Likes

Oh wow, I love the colors! That scale pattern looks super cool too!

1 Like

It looks really nice, so far. Isnā€™t it a tedious process? Im rooting a Claire kit and this German vinyl is hard as a rock and even with my heat lamp Iā€™ve broken SIX forked needles. I need to practice more on my hair painting because my hands wonā€™t hold up to rooting all my babies. So are you just going to root free hand or do you have a rooting map. I found these blue pens that wash off with water but not as easily as chalk but chalk works as well and Ive even used regular pencil, very lightly.

1 Like

It certainly is, luckily no needles broken yet, but the last one I rooted, which was my first attempt, I went through 30+ needles! I donā€™t think I could handle one of those hard heads!
Iā€™m just going free hand with this one, as I donā€™t really have a plan, do you think that will look okay? Iā€™m still really new to all this and donā€™t want to make a crucial error.
I have some chalk I could use. I was thinking with it being so sparse it wouldnā€™t matter too much as long as it followed a direction that made sense. Maybe I should go back and map it before I continue?

1 Like

It helps me if I draw a map, Im not very good at free handā€¦this is only the fourth baby I have put hair on, my last one looked really nice and I just sold her and her Mommy says she is really happy with her so that made me feel really good :).

Sorryā€¦overuse of the word REALLY LOL

I went ahead and took a couple pictures of Claire, sorry they are dark. I have been doing the back and sides first because it makes my swirl look better but my babies look like balding old men LOL

13 Likes

Thank you, thatā€™s really helpful. Iā€™ll use some chalk and map it out tonight to see if I find it easier/better. I canā€™t work on it until my daughters in bed.
I think I have an idea in my head but Iā€™m not great at hair in general, never have been, I struggle to style my own :joy:.

1 Like

Me too, Im one of those pony tail ladies :wink:

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly like me :joy:

1 Like

OMG! I had to say this. Claireā€™s expression looks like she is pouting about getting her hair rooted! lol

1 Like

So beautiful

1 Like

I love her face

1 Like

Thank you.

LOLā€¦I think she is, sheā€™s certainly giving me a hard time about it :wink:

Doing an awesome job

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

WIP Leelou by Cassie Brace. Sheā€™s ready for rooting :slight_smile: