Funny, thats what I did but It was on the 5th layer. The mistake I made was putting in Burnt Umber. I also use Liquitex btw and I have one tube of W&N, yellow ocre, and I still have some of my Jo Sonja paints that I use and a couple bottles of LDC. So after two layers of that she was still quite dark red so I mixed up some Raw Sienna, Yellow Ocre, and a bit of Ultramarine blue, that looked nice after two more layers but I still wasn’t happy so I put a bit of pink blushing on her cheeks and then the lovely swamp green wash and now Im happy, other than the colour buildup on the top and back of her head but her hair will hide that.
Thank you for your advice and Ill try just mixing the colours together next time