Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

Adorable!

I totally see it!!!

1 Like

This head is taking forever. I can’t stick to one area. I feel like I could have painted to dolls by now.

9 Likes

BooHoo Booboo Lulu :flushed:
I have had this kit forever and it is one of those early Lulu kits that had the wonky eye. :wink:
Anyway I have been wanting to practice painting hair so Lulu became the model.
I also tried ‘fixing’ the smaller eye by cutting it to enlarge. SO hard to do because the lower inside of the eye needed to be shaved out to fit the eye closer to the vinyl. OMG it was an exercise in patience. :persevere:
So… I did the ‘karate kid’ thing with the head…‘paint on…paint off’ until I have something that I am ‘kinda’ ok with. And in my usual style :confounded: I baked on a boo boo so she got some mohair rooted on top.
Looked for her limbs and can’t find them, had a feeling that they were among some kits etc that I sold a couple of years ago thinking that they were without a head. :unamused: So I ordered some limbs and a body for her and will have to match the limb coloring to the head. Geesh am I a sucker for punishment ? Granted, I bought it on myself…Lol :expressionless:
Anyway here’s a few phone pics…critique if you wish, it’s an art form, not my life…haha. :grin:
Her right eye has not been set yet …just waiting for the glue to completely dry on the wonky eye which I spent a couple of hours trying to get it to sit in place…difficult to do as there is nothing in there to sit it in.
Gotta say…Lulu always makes the prettiest doll and so easy to paint.

Just messing with the camera settings here…

AND THIS IS A LULU I DID A FEW YEARS AGO…

24 Likes

She’s adorable, I love those eyes and the colouring on her face…and those eyebrows are perfect!
I think it looks good with the hair rooted on top. I did some prisma hair on Honey and Sugar but then erased it, its still faintly there so I can root over it. I still need to practice more drawing and painting on hair…first I need to retrieve my practice head that rolled under my bed yesterday LOL. Right now I’m anxious to finish up my Landon who Ive spent a lot of time on.
Its crazy that we will spend hours trying to fix one little thing, isn’t it? Im really new and Ive already had a lot of problems with eyes. My Ann Timmerman kit (Claire) has really given me a hard time, now I know why everyone puts her eyes looking to the side.

That is a loooong labor!!!

1 Like

Thanks for your comment…she will definitely be a boo boo baby. Good experience tho.
A tip …get the right brush and the hair painting will be heaps easier. I had this mental thing that it was the paint and the brush but really… get the right brush and the rest will be ok. Then just heaps of practice. Spend some good money on one and save yourself some headaches. Let me see if I can find a pic of the one (I used), that I found among my many brushes. Here it is… I used the red one for hair and eyebrows. This set is quite cheap …it came from China.
Nail Art Brush Set

This could be a good one too. Going to order one and see how it goes.
REBORN DOLL ARTIST PAINT BRUSH Script 18/0 for brows and hair painting

8 Likes

I actually have the red blue and green ones, I tried with them but I think I lack the patience so I need to work on that.

1 Like

Just a gentle touch with that red one.
I’m not where I’d like to be so I’ll be practicing a whole heap more, but so pleased I found the right combination of brush and paint.

2 Likes

She’s so so pretty!

1 Like

21 Likes

Finished up this little one took some phone pics not great but some are cute .

26 Likes

Finished Dominic and Summer Rain. I really enjoyed both kits.

19 Likes

I sold my Neveah to a lady and she wanted two more like the one she bought. These two girls are almost finished, just got to attach their heads.

17 Likes

More glorious fishy hair! Ooh! I need a fish hook earring, I just realized!! :slight_smile:

27 Likes

I can not wait to see this finished.

1 Like

He’s so precious!

1 Like

Nice. What kit is this?

1 Like

Cool hair, love the fish hook earring idea, you are so creative!

2 Likes

This is Adeline by Ping Lau full limb with her boy belly plate option :smile: