MacPhersons Restocking Fee? Resolved

I have changed my mind about April and no longer want her after pre-ordering her with a deposit. I wrote MacPhersons to see if I could credit my $30 deposit amount toward Ramsey when that kit comes out, but they just wrote and told me that as of February they no longer transfer payments from one order to another, and that if I forfeit April, there will be an additional $15 restocking fee. :frowning:

So, is anyone interested in April if you havenā€™t ordered or want another one, or know someone who does? I have two on order but no longer want her.

Can someone tag Brenda at MacPhersonā€™s on this? Is this restocking fee stated on your site?

2 Likes

@MacPhersonCrafts

1 Like

Blockquote

Pre-Orders:
Please note that $15 of the $30 paid towards a Pre-Order product is a NON-REFUNDABLE restocking fee. We accept your deposit in good faith that you will honor your agreement to pay the balance when the kit becomes available and in return we pay the manufacturer or sculptor in full upfront. By not honoring your commitment to pay for your kit you ordered. we incur the expense of paying for the kit upfront and then also having to restock it and put it back up for sale, with the hopes that another customer will buy it.
All unpaid Pre-Order Products will be offered to customers on our waiting list, if not paid in full within 2 weeks of receiving our invoice for the balance due, except if PRIOR arrangements were made with us to keep it for you until a certain date.
The final payment will be expected to be paid off by the due date that we specify on the final invoice that we send to you. Failure to pay this balance off by the due date or lack of communication to extend the payment date will result in your product being unpacked and will be offered to a customer on our waiting list.
Please only put the pre-order item on your order as we will ship all items on the pre-order invoice at the same time.

3 Likes

So itā€™s not an additional fee , you lose half of the deposit to restocking which is why you cannot put the deposit towards another kit. Do not pay anymore money.

2 Likes

TThanks for clarifying that. Thatā€™s different than what it sounded like in her email. It sounded like she meant Iā€™d lose both pre-order deposits ($30) and also have to pay an additional $15 on top of that if I cancel my April kits. If Iā€™m understanding what the new policy is saying.

But why do they need a restock fee for a kit that hasnā€™t even finished pre-ordering yet and could be canceled easily?? The LE wonā€™t be set until this Wednesday for April. Theyā€™re going to charge me a restock fee for a kit that doesnā€™t yet exist and hasnā€™t yet been counted in the LE? That doesnā€™t sound right. It would be easier to cancel my order now before the LE count is done. How can they have already paid for the April kits up front when the LE hasnā€™t yet been determined and there is no expense to them? If they cancel my order now, there is no expense as they cannot lose a kit that they donā€™t have yet. It would make sense if the LE has already been determined before preordering starts and a kit then sells out in minutes. They would already have the kit in their possession in that case. But for April that isnā€™t so. How many April kits to be made wonā€™t be decided until pre-ordering closes this Wednesday. The kits donā€™t yet exist other than the prototype kits.

4 Likes

I just got a refund for my April deposits from Brenda. Thank you, Brenda!! So glad.

3 Likes

So happy for you .

1 Like

Thatā€™s great!!!

1 Like

@MacPhersonCrafts So fair and understanding of you very nice Brenda :sunny:

5 Likes

yesā€¦I do agreeā€¦re-stocking is if we have to ā€œhandleā€ the merchandiseā€¦box it and put it back.
I will be calling a staff meeting as a pre-order in which you change your mind about should not be considered us having to restock. It is important to us that you be happy with your purchaseā€¦so I agree this should not be considered restocking in any way.
Glad we are all good and you got your refund.
The one thing we must hold to now is that if one does change their mind we can no longer switch out the kit but a refund can be given and you can then use those funds to make your purchase.
hUgs Brenda XOXOXO

11 Likes

I totally understand about not being able to switch out the kit. I just thought it would be easier for you to do that instead of having to do a refund, but what you said makes sense. Thanks! :smile:

1 Like

yes ā€¦ of course we would LOVE to switch it out in order to keep the purchase at our shopā€¦but we found it was far more work to do it this way rather than giving a refund and getting the customer to do the order themselvesā€¦we are trusting that you will stay with us and re-order. So much easier this way. :wink:
hgs B OXOXOX

3 Likes

love you!!! XOXOX :slight_smile:

1 Like