My first keeper baby rosebud

im thinking of rooting sparse light brown hair on him … this will be my first keeper

pic with flash and pic eithout

I think that light brown will look great. I admit that this is one sculpt that is having to grow on me as I see more photos of reborn ones. It does make a great boy.

What a darling little guy! He’ll look adorable with light brown hair : ) Love Rosebud as a boy!!

Susan

Adorable! I just love that sculpt.

Gorgeous skintone!!! I think light brown hair, too.

Based on all the adorable babies in your “siggy”, I think it is about time you made a “keeper”… Your Rosebud is darling… Anxious to see how your sparse rooting comes out… I thought I was doing that with the last baby I rooted - it just didn’t turn out as sparse as I had planned…

Super cute great job. Yes I would add the sparse hair

I’m having to be convinced that I like Rosebud too…but this little guy helps because he is a real cutie!!! I can’t wait to see him with hair.

as an afterthought I think we should bug Katy86 to do a tutorial on her sparse rooting. her rooting is looking VERY GOOD!!! come on Katy!!! give everyone a few tips!!!

thank you ladies hes a memorial baby for me. im comming up on what would have been my due date in july so my plan is to have him finished by then. ive added a beating heart and need to get smaller silicone inserst for his tushy. im so in love with this sculpt

— Begin quote from “mybabygirlsky”

thank you ladies hes a memorial baby for me. im comming up on what would have been my due date in july so my plan is to have him finished by then. ive added a beating heart and need to get smaller silicone inserst for his tushy. im so in love with this sculpt

— End quote

So sorry for your earlier loss… Hope the Rosebud fills a void…

thank you it helps having something to hold. my kids are all so active they dont let me hold them long but “rosebud” can be held forever.

Hey have you tried the soft silicone breast thingies? They are soo soft and cushy. I put one in my fav keeper baby and it really adds to his realism.
Not over impressed with the heart beat thing but the breathing mechanisms are cool.
I sculpted bums and tummies that I plan to cast in soft silicone as soon as I can afford the premium silicone. It’s very expensive but when I do get a few done I will for sure offer them exclusively to this forums regular people. I made a couple sets out of semi soft silicone and they were ok but not as soft as I wanted. I want the realism for reborn babies without the overly fragile full silicone babies.

yes thats exactly what i use too

aww!~ he’s so sweet~

Just pm’d Katy86 to heed the call. She’s been out playing in the spring sunshine…

Thank you for the sparse rooting compliment Cindy! Your rosebud is adorable!

Send me a pm if you want any tips on rooting him. I’ll be happy to help! As for a tutorial… I don’t even know how I would go about that. I’ll have to think about it figure that out, and maybe on my next baby I will do one!

Katy, now you’re going to get tons of pm’s! I need help with this, too: Teagan was supposed to be sparse, but she’s got a mop! Hey, you could make an e-book and sell them! 'course your friends here at BB would be appreciating a discount! Looks like you’d better start that book right away!

im going to attempt to root only one hair at a time and space the out a little more … wish me luck!

What a beautiful little boy